minimum cable length?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Just wanted to know if there's minimum distance required between connections in a normal 2.5 T&E 30amp ring main?

I only ask because I want to install two FCUs side by side (in a double box). So I can either install two spurs or one of the ring and the other from a spur.

The tidiest option would be to connect one to the ring and a short piece of cable to connect to the next FCU then return to the ring.

any ideas?

Sponsored Links
There is no minimum cable length, just be sure the leave enough sheath there to prevent damage when passing between the boxes.

Assuming you mean a dual box (you can't get two single accessories in a double box), it is Ok to connect one side of the ring to one, the other side of the ring to the other, and have a short piece of cable continuing the ring linking them.

Since they are both on the ring, you can later take a spur from each if you want to.

The metal dual boxes I have used have a knock-out between the two halves

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back