Mira 10.8kW - Suddenly Died

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a Mira 10.8kW, which upto this morning worked fine. Two people had a shower ok but when a third person tried the shower would not work. Usually when you pull the double pole isolating switch the "standby" light comes on the shower but it didnt this time and now it wont work at all. The isolating switch seems to be ok so I assume its internal. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Is there a light on the shower pull switch?

Is this the first time to your knowledge that the shower has been used for so long in such a short space of time?

What is the rating of the fuse/MCB?

Sponsored Links
Yeah the light on the pull cord is on and says "on".
Its not usually used this much but we have people staying.
45amp MCB

Just looking though other peoples problems. My problem sound very similar to "PaulAH" problem "Dead Shower" posted Sun Dec 18th.

One possible problem could be an overheated element causing a thermal trip to opertae in the shower itself.

Many showers have these today, and if the shower overheated, or there was a reduction in water pressure for some reason, then the element may have overheated. This will cause the thermal overload to "trip" and thus disconnecting power from the shower.

It may correct itself, but it could be a manual reset too.

I would suggest that with the POWER OFF you open the front of the shower and look for a tiny RED or BLACK button..it's most likely RED if it is there, push it..Replace the cover, turn on the power and see if it works...

As Big spark says it is probably the cut out, I changed one in a Mira last year, it was a self reset type but was not re setting, I bought a new one direct from Mira, (very efficient service). It was a bit of a fiddle fitting it though

Most of the calls i get to dodgy showers are MIRA and Gainsborough (Gainsborough are *&^%)

Mira (recently) have been going downhill, it's only showers installed in the last year or so seem to have problems.

Have been at 3 faulty showers in the past month all of them mira. One was element, one water from PRD and one PCB.
Had a chat with someone at a local plumbers merchants- they have more mira returns than others (they sell more 'budget' non mira showers than mira)

Personally Triton seem best (at the moment) and cheap and cheerfull own brand makes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back