Mira shower burning before freezing, Aaaggghhhhh!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
not sure whether to put this in the plumbing forum or the appliance forum!
Please move if required, thanks.
Problem is that my Mira Combiforce 415 shower is adjusting the temperature all on it's own.
Once up to temp it gradually goes cold before getting warm again............before going cold before getting warm again............before going cold before gett..........you get the picture!
The other hot taps around the house don't do this si it MUST be the shower.
PLease advise me as to what part I need and, if possible, how to fit it!
I'm assuming, (hoping), that it can be repaired rather than replaced.
Many thanks in advance,

Slime.

Sponsored Links
Unless you have a blockages one of the inlets (there is usually some gauze to catch the dirt) then it sounds thermostatic, so the cartridge, if it has such an option. Nt exactly sure of model.

It might benefit from a clean and grease in the first instance, but these things all at up when it come to ££££!

I'm sure some of these suffer from mixed pressure entering the valve, are the pressures balanced?

I've stopped changing the cartridges as for some showers it's cheaper to replace the entire unit rather than just the cartridge.

Had a look and this is not thermostatic.

I'd be looking at pressure, flow rates and blockages.

Can you feel the hot pipe to the shower is the temp fluctuating or the boiler cutting in/out ?

Sponsored Links
Hi seco services,

Can you feel the hot pipe to the shower is the temp fluctuating or the boiler cutting in/out ?

Hot pipe remains constantly hot, no fluctuation.
Boiler does not keep cutting in/out.
Hope this helps,
thanks,

Slime.

Blockage, pressure fluctuation of flow fluctuations.

Inside ithe shower is closing down due to one of the above. Trial and error from here on in. Turn water off and check for dirt in valve.

If not confident, please get in your plumber, as this will be second nature to him.

I would say it's time for a new cartridge.
They are around £60.
There are 2 types for this shower.

I would say it's time for a new cartridge.
They are around £60.
There are 2 types for this shower.

Thanks mate,
what types are there, where would I get one from & could I fit it myself?................I am not a plumber but am reasonably sensible........I think.

Regards,

Slime.

If I were you I would definitely be looking to repair this valve rather than scrapping it. At £250 a throw, they're not exactly throw away items. Good quality shower valves, but everything needs repairing eventually.

If you have the instructions, it tells you how to replace internals. If not, contact Mira for a copy, as you won't be able to dismantle without them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back