Mira shower burning before freezing, Aaaggghhhhh!

Thanks mate,
you're a star and a really quick response too.
Thanks seco services and all who tried to help.

Slime.

Sponsored Links
Hi fellas,
Sit Rep : Have changed the cartridge and what a difference.
NONE.
I have, however, noticed two things that were not apparent before.
1. The hot pipe going to the shower now goes distinctly tepid when the shower goes cold. (The pressure stays the same though).
2. There are three in my family & we all shower in the evening. However, whoever has the first shower has no problems at all, even if they stay in for a long time.
Next one in, usually me, gets about one minute hot, then cold, then hot, then cold etc.
Anyone out there had experience of this before?
Answers on a postcard please..............

Many thanks in advance,

Slime.

Hi again,
a mate of mine has suggested that I 'change the check valves behind the two nuts where the pipes go into the mixer valve'.
Does this sound reasonable, if so, how easy would it be for ME to do?
Where would I get check valves from & what are they?
Also, could inlet strainer units be a possible cause?

Many thanks in advance,

Slime.

P.S. Seasons greetings to everyone connected to DIYnot.

Sponsored Links
Hi there & Happy New Year to all,
situation is now as follows.
It's NOT the shower!!
It's a boiler issue. I have an Alpha CB28 & I've discovered that if a hot tap is left to run, after a while, it begins to run cold. After a short while it will heat up again. Filling a sink is bearable, obviously, but having a shower that keeps going cold, hot, cold, hot is not.
Has anyone else experienced this?
I have just spoken to Alpha and they could not give me a diagnosis over the phone, I wouldn't have expected them to, but they said they are running a scheme/offer stating that they would repair the boiler for £235.00 inc vat whatever the fault!
That sounds like a good deal to me, (unless they know it only needs a 10p part which takes 5 minutes to fit........me being synical), what do you guys think.
Thanks for your time people,

Slime.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back