Mira SPort Shower - identify this one?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My electric shower in our holiday rental keeps tripping out and needs replacing. I will probably just replace it with the same. I took a photo of it with the cover off, but forgot to take one with the cover on so I can ask out plumber for a price without him having to go out.

Can anyone advise which Mira Sport this is? Is the 9 for 9kw?

Thanks

Stuart

Sponsored Links
Oh, forgot to ask... I was only going to repalce it with the same to make swapping it simple.

Is there any other recommended shower out there that would fit in place without casuing damage to the tiles and be a straighforward swap for our plumber?

Thanks.

Very few things changed on the sport.
That can be from 1998 slight changes was made on the 2006 model until to 2011 model came out.

All sports will be a direct replacement ie water/elecy but just on the 2011 model/multi fit the screw holes on the back plate are different.

Thanks for the quick response. Are you saying this model could be from about 1998? We had a new bathroom around 7 years ago so thats when it was replaced. Not sure if it would be a 2006 model.

Are the 2011 models the newest ones?

Is it a straighforward swap then with regards the pipework?

Sponsored Links
Are you saying this model could be from about 1998? We had a new bathroom around 7 years ago so thats when it was replaced. Not sure if it would be a 2006 model.

As i said little changed on the sport over the yrs.
Look at the on/off button on cover.
If it is oval then it's a 1998 onwards then 2006 the button changed to a triangle shape.

Are the 2011 models the newest ones?

Is it a straighforward swap then with regards the pipework?

2011 onwards the sport totally changed and became more curved than the earlier models.

Pipework/elecy on l/hand side on all models.
pipework/elecy can be l/hand or r/hand on the 2011 multifit model onwards.

Thats a 2006 model.

The button is more like a triangle.
The 1998 model the button is a oval shape.

Apologies for the delay... it's a 2006 model with a triangular button.

It is worth paying a premium for the 2011 model over the current 2006 one as the 2006 seems to be a lot cheaper?

Is the 2011 a simple swap for a 2006?

Thanks

Stuart

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back