mira sport shower problem

Sponsored Links
saying that though i have tried other heads, as originally thought something was wrong with it

other heads from where ?
this is a problem i see alot heads fail they go to the sheds ie bq buy a cheap head and fit and the shower plays up.
these cheap heads/hoses you get can restrict the flow on showers and they either run hot/cold or blow the prd.

over time i've learnt to stick with the proper heads etc designed for that shower ie mira, they cost abit more but save alot of agro.

Get this head descaled and come back before wasting money on a new shower.

what was the condition of the inlet filter when you cleaned it ?

Admittedly i did buy a replacement head from a shed, but i did pay nearly £20.00 for it, the reason being the original was squirting water out of the joint, adequately showering the ceiling and not me,

The filter was full of horrible muck, she is doing the shower head as i type, i tried to take it apart to stop it leaking but it holds for a minute then bursts out the side again

Sponsored Links
so the original head has had it.

the head your descaling is from the sheds ok
has this head ever worked properly before this problem ?

so the original head has had it.

the head your descaling is from the sheds ok
has this head ever worked properly before this problem ?

It does appear to have had it, the head from the shed is decent and has been in use for about 4 weeks and was perfect up until 2 days ago, I DID try to place the original back on and test (covering the leaky bit) but it was the same :(

:D :LOL:
just had a great shower, it was a little bit iffy at first, didnt go cold but dropped a little then settled to a very hot shower as set

THANK YOU MY FRIEND, YOU ARE A GENIUS,

the shower head is BRISTAN from b+q so i am going to look at getting a replacement MIRA head, i am also looking at shower head filters, by what i can see they go on at the beginning of the pipe, preventing the much going to the head, do you have any opinion on this?

I am truly grateful to you

yes don't fit one they are ok on mixer showers not electric they restrict flow to much you'll end up with the same fault.
electric showers rely on flow to gain their temp thats how they work.

the inlet filter is useally enough and cleaning the filter/head evey now then is enough.

ok-wink.gif

try the showerdoc if your going to get the original mira head.

Thanks again, i will not be putting a filter on there, and i shall be getting on showerdoc for a replacement Mira head

thank you once again, i feel nice and fresh now, i so hae having a bath

you are my hero for this weekend!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :) :) :) :)

george at the showerdoc will help you and nextday delivery.
if it plays up in the meantime soak it overnight, white vinegar does the trick.

smiley3359.gif

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back