Mira Sprint Shower

Thank you for your prompt response, I will order this part and hopefully it will be working once more.

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
I can't remember how much they cost, but if the price makes you gulp and think twice, let me know because I think I have a working one that I could send you to test the theory.

Thanks for the kind offer but, I managed to get one for just under £15 which if successful is much cheaper than buying a new one.

I just changed the Thermal switch and still only cold water is coming out. I checked for resistance again on the new Thermal Switch (416.41) and it still isn't showing any reading on my multimeter. I tested while the power was off and the switch was in place all connected up. I tested for resistance between both of the two copper connectors is that correct? Looks like it might not be the switch after all. Any ideas what I should do?
Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Are you saying that you've bought and fitted a secondhand switch? :confused:

OK, so the fault-finding continues...

With the unit isolated from its electrical supply, can you measure the resistance of each heating can element?

Softus, thanks for your assistance. I have decided/started to strip out the shower and shower enclosure and replace it with one of those shower cabins.

Cheers.

Well that'll certainly cure the problem! :)

However, be very careful about your choice of cabin, and supplier, because there's a vast array of imported products for which you'll find it difficult to obtain spare parts in the years to come.

Also, all the ones I've come across need a hot water supply, which you don't currently have in the shower area, so please don't embark on this with your eyes closed.

Luckily, the hot water pipe to the bath runs underneath the shower area so this is easily accessible.

Thanks for your points regarding bath cabins, have you any recommendations for suppliers and cabins that have spare freely available?

Sadly, I don't, because my experience has been only of the bad ones.

If I were forced at gunpoint to pick a product for a customer, then I'd start with a look at the Ideal Standard products.

Hello - here's my problem

few weeks ago we started seeing the low flow indicator on and no water out. Cleaned the filters but no joy. Bought a new flow valve and replaced it.
Now there is water flow but the overheat indicator comes on and the water is cold. Not sure what else needs changing.
Is it the thermal switch or the heater tank ? How do I test and ensure before I look for buying the parts ?

the thermal cut
test for power bothsides.
or isolate the showers power and do a continuity test.

check your micro switchs first are operating properly.

When the power is on , there is power on one side of the thermal switch but not on the other. Does this denote thermal switch has cut off and requires replacement ?

I haven't done the continuity test yet as I dont have a multi meter...

micro switches - do you mean the three switches for hot , medium, cold ? - If yes, they seem to be working fine.
overheat light comes on when using either the hot / medium but not the cold setting.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back