Missing white woman syndrome'

Sponsored Links
You may be right, you may be wrong.
For someone who gives judgemental opinions based on ignorance of the matter, I would not place a great deal of reliability on your opinion.

Ok so these are the stories about her missing

https://www.google.com/search?q=sab...ie=UTF-8#scso=_0h1QYfO6ArOEhbIP-u-VsAQ22:1079

Note that all the mainstream media outlets have a story running.

These are the stories about her vigil

https://www.google.com/search?q=sab...GYAQCgAQHIAQjAAQE&sclient=mobile-gws-wiz-serp

Almost none of the mainstream media covering it.

One article even slides to just hundreds turning up.

Whereas the one I mentioned regarding the copper had hundreds of thousands just in London, and up and down the country.

This may be attributed to by the fact people were in lockdown so had plenty of free time on there hands

You must have missed the massive one on friday night in Kidbrooke

As I said apologies I didn't read the article in its entirety.

However it's not been as big news that vigils were held as the previous one.

Perhaps the attempts by the police to prevent the vigils in the Sarah Everard case added to the news worthiness?
Especially in light of the fact that she was killed by a policeman.
That makes two news items, not just one, the second item being much more newsworthy than the other.

It still does not excuse your judgemental opinion based on ignorance.

Sponsored Links
What about all these young black lads being murdered. Are they getting 1000s turn out for vigils.... is that because they or male.

What about the Mum her two children and the schoolfriend?

Are there any murders that don't hit the national news we don't here about at all?

What about all these young black lads being murdered. Are they getting 1000s turn out for vigils.... is that because they or male.

What about the Mum her two children and the schoolfriend?

Are there any murders that don't hit the national news we don't here about at all?
Your original piece was about newsworthiness, not whether vigils take place or not.
Without the newsworthiness, vigils will not take place because the public's awareness, interest or reaction has not been influenced.
Perhaps the news reporters/public have a perception, rightly or wrongly, that young black lads are part of a "subculture".

Perhaps the attempts by the police to prevent the vigils in the Sarah Everard case added to the news worthiness?
Especially in light of the fact that she was killed by a policeman.
That makes two news items, not just one, the second item being much more newsworthy than the other.

It still does not excuse your judgemental opinion based on ignorance.

No judgemental opinion.

Just an observation that it's not as big a deal as with the everard case.

I incorrectly assumed a vigil wasn't created, because it simply hasn't been reported as much.

Which kinda proves the point of this thread..

It was on ITV, C4, C5 why not include them too?
I seldom watch the news on those channels so I have no idea how they were covering the stories, were they like the beeb with the focus being mainly on the non white woman ?

No judgemental opinion.

Just an observation that it's not as big a deal as with the everard case.

I incorrectly assumed a vigil wasn't created, because it simply hasn't been reported as much.

Which kinda proves the point of this thread..
In the Sarah Everard case the were two or three connected issues:
1 The murder
2. By a serving Met Police Officer (armed)
3. The Met Police tried to prevent the vigil taking place.

In the recent Sabina Nessa murder, only one of those issues are involved.
The two cases are not comparable.

I worked for a fella who knew of the family's. They were children of gangsters. Not very nice people. The two who went down were just mates who did not have gangster dads.

And do you think the police knew that from the moment they first turned up?

And made a conscious decision not to take it seriously because they're scared of criminals?

Or was it because the thing immediately obvious from the moment they first turned up was that the victim was a black lad?

And do you think the police knew that from the moment they first turned up?

And made a conscious decision not to take it seriously because they're scared of criminals?

Or was it because the thing immediately obvious from the moment they first turned up was that the victim was a black lad?

SE London/ Kent is full of Gangsters. From my time there I met 3 ex coppers who had connections with gangsters.

To answer your question I'd say both could have some truth.

The lads I was working with told me there was more to it than racism. Apparently he wasn't as innocent as media have made out....

Who really knows.

Apparently he wasn't as innocent as media have made out....

Apparently the Hillsborough victims were also smeared in an attempt to reduce public sympathy.

And apparently murders are only investigated if the victim was "the right sort."

Apparently the Hillsborough victims were also smeared in an attempt to reduce public sympathy.

Liverpool fans were as guilty as the police and football authorities. The victims were just that
" Victims"

Do you not see any resemblance to what happed when England played Italy in the summer.... those with tickets in the ground were not at fault.

No one has blamed the victims.

Sponsored Links
Back