MK 693 series RCBO compatibility...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Do any of you chaps know if 693 series MK RCBOs of 2007 vintage will fit into their latest metal consumer units?

I vaguely remember there is something about DIN rail position and offset having minor differences.

Sponsored Links
Unlikely. MK have altered the design of their devices multiple times and there is pretty much no compatibility between any of them.
The new ones are not made by MK. However the old ones weren't made by them either.

Thanks that is what my concern is.

The only reason for asking is the existing plastic board is full of RCBOs but has a cracked cover. Probably best off perusing ebay for a replacement cover by the sounds of things.

If you have a whole boardful and dont' wish to make any changes then there is a good chance that the whole lot will fit in a replacement CU as long as the din rail position relative to the slot is similar.
However I will be jumped on for saying this as the term CU indicates type approval and the type approval for the new case does not include the older style devices.

Sponsored Links
there is a good chance you will find an old stock enclosure on ebay or in the stores of some wholesaler.

Put a Saved Search into ebay and see what comes up.

You might not find a metal one, though. But you can assemble a non-flammable cabinet on the wall which will be fine. Make it quite roomy so you can get your arms inside.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back