Modern appliance wired to plug with red and black wires.

Yea that was pretty ropey. Have you actually got the x10 fire alarm set up as a system? Or was that video a proof of concept?

It was one of many fire alarm systems that I have made over the years. Was a YouTube hobby where I would go and buy fire alarm bits, film a video of the parts working and then upload it to youtube. If your interested in other non-typical and odd stuff I have uploaded to YT, you can check out my YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/elliottveares/videos?flow=grid&sort=da&view=0

How I have managed to live all my life without being able to open the garage door from anywhere in the world I cannot begin to comprehend.

Well I would go out of my way to find stuff that I could X10-ify, did the electrical work when my mum was out dancing and she would come back to a extra thing in the house X10-ified. :cautious:;) Need I say the video was shot at my old house and I have not lived there since 2011.

Also thought I would share this photo of a odd/fake 5A fuse I found in the shed. (Yes it was filled of sand or something similar)

Sponsored Links
Doh! :oops: Just noticed the 5A fuse is to BS1361 and not BS1362!

Sponsored Links
Doh! :oops: Just noticed the 5A fuse is to BS1361 and not BS1362!
Dorman Smith? I've seen people get mixed up with the 5A versions before, wondering why they don't fit a 13A plug properly. At least they can't try to fit a 15A BS1361 in the plug (well, I suppose they could try, but wouldn't be very successful).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back