Modifications and insurance

Anything not OM, including OEM to be reported to insurance as modification.
Yes, you should as per the insurance terms and conditions in black and white. If you think that's nonsense, go tell the insurer. No use telling me, I am the one who brought this fact to light.

Sponsored Links
Yes, you should as per the insurance terms and conditions in black and white. If you think that's nonsense, go tell the insurer. No use telling me, I am the one who brought this fact to light.
So, here is the question again: are you going to report this "modification" to the insurance?

Definitely will work.

What the "lifetime" might end up as though, is a whole other question......... ;)
What are the possibilities? 1 engine seize; 2 engine fire; 3 insurance refuse a payout because life time oil is not approved.

Sponsored Links
So, here is the question again: are you going to report this "modification" to the insurance?
I might, or I might not. The choice would be private. I think you are trying to pin me down for a thread delete? Not that I care about threads. Once they have served their purpose of something gained, makes no difference what happens to them.

What are the possibilities? 1 engine seize; 2 engine fire; 3 insurance refuse a payout because life time oil is not approved.

Poorer fuel economy.

Failure at emission test.

Premature component wear.

Premature engine seizure.

However, I'm openminded to experimenting, if done properly.

Get yourself a brand-new motah; can't be a fair experiment otherwise.
£40k?
Ignore manufacturer's recommendations.

Report back (y)

Does your insurance cover a seized engine then?
Donno. I don't read their terms and conditions. I find it not useful to read things that describe exactly how they will rip you off.

Last edited:
My emission is A+ as shown in earlier part of the thread. Engine cleanliness is grade A, cleaner than when I originally opened the engine 10-15 years ago.
A+ emissions ? I've never seen that on any test.

Engine cleanliness? How and where and by whom was it tested ?

No mention of miles covered either, over that "10-15 years"..

Probably been up on axles stands (or Jenga towers, more likely)...........
It's a grocery car. I do mostly short trips that were supposed need frequent oil changes.

Sponsored Links
Back