Modifications and insurance

Don't worry

You might be lucky. I'm not telling you, you don't listen
As you wish. You are missing confidence. Nothing wrong to be wrong. Who knows, you might even be right? This is going to be a long term test. If it doesn't leak for 2 years, then I will consider it a success. I am not ruling out the possibility the china gasket shrinks from heat. I am praying it doesn't.

Sponsored Links
As you wish. You are missing confidence. Nothing wrong to be wrong. Who knows, you might even be right? This is going to be a long term test. If it doesn't leak for 2 years, then I will consider it a success. I am not ruling out the possibility the china gasket shrinks from heat. I am praying it doesn't.
Good luck.

I'm not sure if you are aware, I don't care. You don't listen, so I'm not offering advice, just asking an obvious question

Don't worry

You might be lucky. I'm not telling you, you don't listen

And that's the thing. Some people come on here with genuine openness, to ask questions and learn from folk who have expertise in a particular field, and some come on here, just looking for "validation". The latter will have decided they're right before they ever asked the question, and will waste many hours of everyone's time telling anyone who offers anything other than agreement, that they're wrong. Sometimes, they give us the odd laugh at their expense along the way, but more often than not, they just waste everyone's time.

Sponsored Links
I'm not sure if you are aware, I don't care.
I am completely unaware, hence I was asking. Since you don't want to tell, then never mind. I am not going to worry about something that I have no idea why I should worry. According to the internet:

What happens if you use too much RTV?

Most engines built in the last 25 years use molded rubber gaskets to seal valve covers and oil pans. With these types of advanced gaskets, the overuse of RTV and other types of silicone sealers or other additives will prevent the gasket's ability to form a reliable seal, causing leaks.

I am completely unaware, hence I was asking. Since you don't want to tell, then never mind. I am not going to worry about something that I have no idea why I should worry.
Lots of people have tried helping you before, me included.

Try somebody else, I'm not wasting my effort

Blocked oil galleries, causing pressure lubricated bearing surfaces, to run dry, rapid wear, and possible seizure.
I see. A little bit of rtv on gasket and my engine will seize? What happens in a seizure, that the car will suddenly stop while driving?

I see. A little bit of rtv on gasket and my engine will seize? What happens in a seizure, that the car will suddenly stop while driving?
ah welcome back to the forum, I guess you went home to Russia over Christmas

Blocked oil galleries, causing pressure lubricated bearing surfaces, to run dry, rapid wear, and possible seizure.

On the plus side, though, when you've got your engine on your "every-ten-years-whether-it-needs-it-or-not" oil change regime, a bit of RTV clogging things up isn't going to make much difference! :ROFLMAO:

On the plus side, though, when you've got your engine on your "every-ten-years-whether-it-needs-it-or-not" oil change regime, a bit of RTV clogging things up isn't going to make much difference! :ROFLMAO:
Glad to hear it. That's what I call a proper mech response. I am not going to worry about something that makes no difference. I am getting an inkling that life time engine oil could work. Maybe just change the filter? Any excessive RTV would get stuck in that.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back