More Keston nightmares.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've a Keston C36 , 4 years old and had nothing but problems with it, almost from day 1. Last week I had the pcb replaced, the ignitor rod and a couple of other bits and pieces as it wouldn't ignite. It was ok for a couple of days now when there is a demand for water, the water warms up and goes cold after about 30 seconds. heating seems alright though.
Any help please!

Sponsored Links
thanks for that. Someone else said the same so I'll give that a go. .

can also be the ignition pcb causing this. sounds mad i know but it just drops out on hw. tbh you'd be better off budgeting for replacement, this thing will give you nothing but economical and mental torture as long as you own it

Sponsored Links
I know the Keston's a lump of sh*** but I'm obliged to have one as my flat is so limited as far as the flu goes. Believe me I'd rather have a W-Bosch or Vaillant. I only have a 2 bedroom flat with 1 bathroom, no power shower, and I have a Keston c36. The Heating engineer said that it is too big for this place and that might be a contributing factor in the fact that I've had so many problems. The boiler wants to work to capacity and can't. What you think of this?

rubbish, oversized boilers dont break, they just cycle. There's plenty of boilers with flexible flue options. Anyone who suggests a Keston is not only ignorant of these options but obviously some kind of sadist.

As I in your other thread - you need an engineer with a little imagination and a selection of products he has a knowledge of.

I would be surprised if the Keston was your only option.

Surely the solution is one of those boiler breakdown insurance schemes.

Let them have the hassle!

I am glad that I like to avoid repairing them as its just so against the grain for me to have to keep replacing expensive parts on a very young boiler.

Once I was called to a larger one which was under BG cover as the owner was not happy with them not managing to repair it.

The main heat exchanger was leaking into the condensate pipe. Relatively simple fault to identify even if you dont expect it on a three year old boiler!

Tony

boilers with flexible flue options apart from Keston?? I can't find one. Anyone?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back