keston boiler, even more problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've a Keston C36 , 4 years old and had nothing but problems with it, almost from day 1. Last week I had the pcb replaced, the ignitor rod and a couple of other bits and pieces as it wouldn't ignite. It was ok for a couple of days now when there is a demand for water, the water warms up and goes cold after about 30 seconds. heating seems alright though.
Any help please!

Sponsored Links
Would be better posted in the Plumbing & Heating Forum, but general opinion there seems to be Kestons aren't very good..... :confused:

There was a forum member who had a signature "I can get any old boiler going" :LOL: .

Don't know if he's still around. This needs moving to the Plumbing forum.

I did this a few years ago.
I'm afraid the only one which could now perhaps have its name removed from the receptacle is glowworm.
boilerskip1.jpg

If it was the "top" pcb, it's likely to have "gone" again. I'm not sure why they do it but they do.

Sponsored Links
the problem i have is that my flat is a nightmare of partition walls and windows close together, that I had to have a Keston because of the flu situation. 2 Heating engineers looked all over - I've no choice! I know they're lumps of sh**e believe me, I've the bills to prove it.

It's not the only boiler to have funky flue options. You need an engineer with at least some modicum of imagination. Rather than a "fit a Vaillant guv" type that is all to common in the industry.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back