More Weird Stuff From Amazon

Sponsored Links
What use is this??
A bit more than this:

Lamp-Holder-Converters-360-degressFlexible-EU-Plug.jpg

?

Sponsored Links
In one bedroom I had the sockets mounted high as there would be furniture against the wall which would hide low sockets, they would actually work well in those sockets, if used with LED bulbs. But with tungsten bulbs I would worry about some one getting burnt. I fitted a pair of GU10 spots to read with either side of bed, with LED in they are great, but with quartz in just too easy to forget and try to move when still hot.

Hmmm... I once plugged a USB lead into my PC. Unknown to me, it was shorting out internally.

I came back to find lots of smoke, melted plastic and quite a few fireworks!

Remove the lamp and there's an exposed live part a short distance from a 13A plug.
I'm not sure that I understand your concern. Other than for the short 'lead length', how does that differ from any other plugged-in light?

On one of my workbenches, I have a plugged-in light whose lead is probably only about 12 inches long and, similarly, I have some plugged-in bedside lamps whose leads have (for 'tidiness') being reduced to very short lengths. Would you also regard these as being "lethal"?

Kind Regards, John

I suspect yours are not on the general market, such that they might be used in childrens' bedrooms.

I suspect yours are not on the general market, such that they might be used in childrens' bedrooms.
They're obviously not, but, perhaps because I'm being dim, I still don't really understand. Are you suggesting that, say, table lamps with very short leads (such as I have in my bedroom) and suchlike are "lethal"?

It goes without saying that any touchable light (too confusing if I say "lamp"!) potentially has "exposed live parts" if one removes the bulb/lamp, and I don't see how that alters according to how far the lampholder is from the socket which is supplying it - whether they are in a child's bedroom or anywhere else.

Kind Regards, John

Crazy! They should obviously have round-pin BS546 plugs!

Hi Securespark, how did you get on selling your electrical stuff on ebay in the end, was it productive

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back