More Weird Stuff From Amazon

Indeed you have. I have disagreed, more than once. Shall we stop now?
If you wish. I'll have to continue to assume that you regard any lamps with short leads as being "lethal" (and, presumably, that you regard those with long leads as "non-lethal").
To enlarge the discussion, wasn't there a thread on here some time ago about the conformity or otherwise of plugs with switches incorporated? I can't see anything in 1363-1 that deals with those, but they just don't look right. However, if they pass all the tests for plugs, and all the tests for switches, I guess they are OK.
I think there was, and I have a few of those things in my house. The ones I have are marked both BS 1363 and BS 5733.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
If you wish. I'll have to continue to assume that you regard any lamps with short leads as being "lethal" (and, presumably, that you regard those with long leads as "non-lethal").
And in return stillp has to continue to assume that nobody agrees with his barking ideas and that he should regard that lack of agreement as an indication that he must be wrong.

It's a free country, and we can all assume whatever we like.
I do not "regard any lamps with short leads as being "lethal"", nor the converse.

I do not "regard any lamps with short leads as being "lethal" "
I'm a bit confused, then.

If you still regard the products which were the subject of the OP as "lethal", is there something in addition to the short distance from plug to lamp which brings you to that view?

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
I've just bought a random selection of those plug in lights, some of them look horrendously non-compliant!

I've just bought a random selection of those plug in lights, some of them look horrendously non-compliant!
That I can believe (maybe even {potentially} "lethal"), but do I take it that the reasons for non-compliance are unrelated to the issue which made stillp declare them to be "lethal"?

Kind Regards, John

Much more interesting than finding dangerous items on ebay/amazon (thats like shooting fish in a barrel) is finding the same items in use in premises... where they must be ok, because they are sporting a green PAT pass label...

I was recently in a busy refurbed london pub, the table lamps were not pat labelled but were all brand new, however they all had 2 pin plugs and supplied with them chinese 13 amp socket unfused adapters, they were all plugged in and noone even queried it

I was recently in a busy refurbed london pub, the table lamps were not pat labelled but were all brand new, however they all had 2 pin plugs and supplied with them chinese 13 amp socket unfused adapters, they were all plugged in and noone even queried it

One of these? https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1x80n...lug-use-for-British-Hong-Kong.jpg_640x640.jpg

That was one of the recent finds, Pat label printed with appliance number and date by one of the national firms, not once, but there was another sticker from the previous year underneath..

People might query it if the consequences of that was loss of the pub and 10 years in chokey for the landlord.

I doubt the punishment would be so severe, even if some poor punter was done away with as a result of the dodgy gear.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back