mr central heating heat pack

Sponsored Links
Mr Central Heating is a great company and do some great deals I use them a lot as a professional but what you need to consider is that if YOU supply the heat pack and anything is missing or is faulty then you must pay your installer for the time wasted either him running around or waiting around while you get the replacements, yes your installer will add on a percentage if he supplies it then it is up to the installer to sort it out at their expence, if you ask your installer to supply then at least you know the final price from day one, but your deciscion how you go about it but the answer to your question is YES Mr Central Heating is decent stuff at a decent price

Mr Central Heating is decent stuff at a decent price

The decent stuff seems quite high in price. In fact the only low price deals I can see are for combis c/w unspecified rads, trv's, valves, fittings, chemicals etc. Basically gear that wouldn't stand up alone to be sold on merit, so has to be bundled in packs to get rid of it. A bit like horse meat.

Mr Central Heating is decent stuff at a decent price

The decent stuff seems quite high in price. In fact the only low price deals I can see are for combis c/w unspecified rads, trv's, valves, fittings, chemicals etc. Basically gear that wouldn't stand up alone to be sold on merit, so has to be bundled in packs to get rid of it. A bit like horse meat.

Havent a clue where you get that from Tibbot they have a stock of radiator sizes second to none if ever I need an unusuall size I go there, and as for boilers anything you see on their website they will have in stock, havent a clue who you use but I have accounts with most major suppliers and MCH can compete with any of the big boys, maybe you prefer Ebay who knows,

Sponsored Links
I haven't doubted their stock, just their prices for the leading gear. For example, Honeywell ST699 £75, Honeywell replacement head £45, Grundfos 15-50 £85, Sentinel X100 £15.73, Worcester 15Ri inc flue £798.33 (all prices inc VAT) can all be bettered. They have cheap trv's and unventeds but again they are unbranded.

To re-cap. If you want a Ferroli or other combi, Evolve rad valves, Mr Blobby plastic pipe, Sponge Bob rads, Hydrocare inhibitor etc, then they're unbeatable. But not so for WB regular boiler, Grundfos, Honeywell, Heatrae Sadia, Yorkex, Pegler, Kuterlite, Stelrad, Fernox etc.

I haven't doubted their stock, just their prices for the leading gear. For example, Honeywell ST699 £75, Honeywell replacement head £45, Grundfos 15-50 £85, Sentinel X100 £15.73, Worcester 15Ri inc flue £798.33 (all prices inc VAT) can all be bettered. They have cheap trv's and unventeds but again they are unbranded.

To re-cap. If you want a Ferroli or other combi, Evolve rad valves, Mr Blobby plastic pipe, Sponge Bob rads, Hydrocare inhibitor etc, then they're unbeatable. But not so for WB regular boiler, Grundfos, Honeywell, Heatrae Sadia, Yorkex, Pegler, Kuterlite, Stelrad, Fernox etc.

They are a company that supplies heating and plumbing supplies and as such they will beat some suppliers and cant beat others over their range of products ???? if they or anyone else could beat everyone on every product then we would all use that supplier, but I cant see how you can say that they are not good for value I find them great I use them a lot when I need stuff on demand as i like their stock levels and any time I have said to their staff that I can get something cheaper anywhere else they check online and give me that price , maybe i just deal with a better branch than you

I don't deal with them at all. I'm saying their on-line prices for top brands are nothing special. Good for you if you can haggle with them. I'll agree that they'll beat the nationals on most things though.

I don't deal with them at all. I'm saying their on-line prices for top brands are nothing special. Good for you if you can haggle with them. I'll agree that they'll beat the nationals on most things though.

Never had to Haggle to be honest have always got the best deal by just asking but I wouldnt think that I have great buying power with them I do spend a lot more with other merchants and do not get as good a deal, suppose that is just the nature of the beast these days though, but I would certainlt recommend giving them a chance to quote , if they are not the cheapest and it is a one off installation what does the OP have to lose ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back