mr central heating heat pack

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks,
I'm hoping to replace an aging back boiler in a 4 bed end terrace with a new condensing boiler. I haven't had any quotes yet, but spotted an ad for the mr central heating heat packs. Is it worth getting one of those and having someone fit it, or will it be cheaper to have someone supply and fit?
I have a rough idea of the size of boiler from a site with floor space and room count calculator, of around 105000 BTU.
thanks in advance for any advice

note, i have no intention of fitting a boiler myself. the radiator plumbing i'd give a go, but i won't touch gas.

Sponsored Links
I've found Mr Central Heating to be very low price with decent quality products, i often get customers to buy direct from this company and then i just turn up and fit it.

Stay away from the Glowworm betacom C - garbage! The Ultracom however well worth getting.

Sponsored Links
Stay away from the Glowworm betacom C - garbage! The Ultracom however well worth getting.

I love the glowworm betacom c.
We are running a large number in rental properties and found
them to be reliable and robust little boilers.
I love them too because they are easy to fit.

I have a rough idea of the size of boiler from a site with floor space and room count calculator, of around 105000 BTU.
BTU are no longer used (except by die-hard "time-served" installers).

105,000 BTU is almost 31kW! Is your house extremely large and/or does it have very poor insulation and single glazed sash windows?

Use Whole House Boiler Size Calculator to find out what size boiler you need. If you are thinking of a combi boiler, deduct 2kW from the result to give your Central Heating Requirement, then make sure that the selected boiler will modulate well below this.

When selecting radiators you should buy ones which are about 20% larger than your calculator says. This is because they will give off less heat when run with the lower temperatures used by condensing boilers.

I've found Mr Central Heating to be very low price with decent quality products, i often get customers to buy direct from this company and then i just turn up and fit it.

Pah! Naz you have already demonstrated that you are hardly up to fitting a bog properly.... God help anyone you fit a boiler for.....

:eek:

Pah! Naz you have already demonstrated that you are hardly up to fitting a bog properly.... God help anyone you fit a boiler for.....

:eek:

Meh, i've fit a number of boilers (under supervision of my RGI guy), never had any issues. In fact i've fit several central heating systems on my own, never had any probs with any of my work :)

.......but then you have just advised a poster with a thermostatic mixer shower to adjust a "little clock thing" on the circuit board!

//www.diynot.com/forums/plumbing/is-it-possible-to-make-my-shower-hotter.356400/

....and? I've done this on a couple of jobs and saved the customer a heap of money as they wanted to change the full showers to more expensive models as they felt showers were not powerful enough to give the heat they wanted. If saving customers money is a crime, please call the police!

Circuit board????

On a thermostatic mixer???

Where's that located then?

i was referring to electric showers. Didnt bother checking which shower the other poster was having with, just assumed it was electric :)

i've fit a number of boilers (under supervision of my RGI guy),

Before joining this forum I didn't realise how many RGI's were out there supervising and putting their name to unregistered's work. Seems like a minority are only doing their own.

i've fit a number of boilers (under supervision of my RGI guy),

Before joining this forum I didn't realise how many RGI's were out there supervising and putting their name to unregistered's work. Seems like a minority are only doing their own.

It depends on the trainee, if the trainee is competant to do the work to a high standard, why would the 50 something RGI guy put his aging body through all that hard work when his trainee can do most of it, and the supervisor will just check it over?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back