MX Inspiration LXi installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My landlord had his odd-job man fit a new electric shower for us today. One quick question, please. The water supply feeds from the back of the unit, but the top (falling) entry point is still open, i.e. there is a hole at the top back of the unit that runs down the back of the unit to where both the water and cable feeds into the unit. Water will inevitably splash down the back of the unit, and onto the cabling. Should there be a plastic plate covering this, as there is covering the bottom (rising) feed?

To help, the relevant diagrams are in Section 5 of the Instructions. This does (diagram top right of page) seem to show some sort of plate to slide down to cover the top access to the tubular hollow down the back of the unit:

http://www.mx-group.com/pdfs/fitting_instructions/ShowerMXInspirationFitIns.pdf

And this is what the shower looks like from the top:

Shower002.jpg

... and inside, from below (I've ringed where the hole opens inside):

Shower001.jpg

Thanks!

Cranbourne
[/img]

Sponsored Links
the blank piece for the knockout you described is missing and needs replacing

It probably wont do any harm. The shower doesn't need to be sealed to the wall, as it has a plastic back to protect the electrical components, and the electric cable has a drip loop on it. PVC cable is relatively impervious to water as long as its not constantly submerged.

In short, the piece could do with replacing, but dont panic about it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back