My CU

Continuing on from what properleckie said, why four conductors in the second MCB?

One ring and two radials?

Two rings...? :confused:

Sponsored Links
And the majority of new build flats seem to have electric heating only for some odd reason.

I heard that new build need to use a certain percentage of renewable energy as opposed to gas.

I can only assume electricity is renewable as some of it is made using solar/wind turbines?

Sponsored Links
What's happened to the neutral bar - shouldn't it be at the top, to the right of the earth bar?

Not on that range of Hager consumer units. On the split load type, there's a neutral bar at each end, one next to the main switch and one next to the RCD.

Can some of you experts please tell me what you think of my CU does it need replacing?

Thanks for the replies I as you may of guessed dont know much about electric's the question ref the why four conductors in the second MCB?
I dont know the house was rewired before i moved into it but from what I can tell it was a bit of a cowboy job taking advantage of the old couple who used to live here (I have been here 10 yrs now).
There does seem to be a lot on the one trip when it does trip the whole of the down stairs goes off living rooms, conservatory kitchen,, hallway.
I think its time to call in the A Team
Kknaston and Garymo thanks for that now you have pointed that out it looks like I am asking far too much with all the appliances that are on at the same time do I need a bigger CU?

get a periodic inspection carried out by someone qualified to do one. It is very unusual to be as simple as just replacing the board.

There does seem to be a lot on the one trip when it does trip the whole of the down stairs goes off living rooms, conservatory kitchen,, hallway.

is it this mcb that trips?

has the kitchen been redone recently? maybe it had its own ring installed, which was joined into this mcb.

I have got someone coming on monday said he will sort it no problems company called J Wayne and Son

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back