my kitchen floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can anybody please help me with my kitchen floor, it is very uneven, i need to know if i need a new floor or if i can get away with leveling it out. How do i know if i need a new one and if so how do i do it, i would really appreciate some help on this matter, as i dont want to get ripped off by having someone in, please help me if you can asap, it is in my kitchen and is concrete.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Hi emm77,

Having recently gone through this - as kevplumb says - it is down to how uneven it is that matters.

I dont think it necessarily matters if the floor slopes - our kitchen floor sloped with 30mm difference over 2.5 metres from one side to the other and there's not a lot you can do with that without getting a new concrete floor. The kitchen units have adjustable legs though to take care of that.

Our floor was uneven with dips and peaks of a few mm each way which enough to make the laminate not sit properly i think so to make a nice smooth surface we used Febflor self-leveling compound which can layed upto about 6mm.

Other people have recommended other latex self-leveling solutions where the latex comes in a separate bucket (whereas the febflor you just add water) - maybe someone else has experience with that and can help?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back