My kitchen refit.

Already done a bit of prep work a week or so ago. Moved the light switch to the right and removed the breakfast bar to add some flooring to the section that will become exposed when that is removed. Yes, those are my handprints from 2001.

View attachment 342041

View attachment 342042

Made a proper start removing it yesterday. It was fitted by a mate of mine over 20 years ago. Looks like he never connected the extractor vent pipe properly. Either that or it has popped off at some point.

View attachment 342043

That allowed grease to be blown all over the top of the units. Yuk. Tried removing it with white spirit and then some petrol but in the end, I found it was easy to remove using a sharp scraper.

View attachment 342040
The flexi hose will have perforated due to heat, it’s unsuitable for Hob.
Needs foil hose.

Sponsored Links
The flexi hose will have perforated due to heat, it’s unsuitable for Hob.
Needs foil hose.
Yeah, thanks, I thought so. Probably going to have to make a whole new hole for the extract anyway as the new extractor will be about 8” to the right of the original.

Please tell me you have not yet disconnected the fridge --- you have earned a cold beer tonight :cool:

Please tell me you have not yet disconnected the fridge --- you have earned a cold beer tonight :cool:
Fridge was emptied, defrosted and cleaned out this morning.

New fridge was plugged in last night and filled up this morning. Standing in the corner at the moment. Beers are a chillin'. ;)

IMG_6361.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Got it all out today….and put it all away again - sheeted up on my drive, in my garage, in my shed as I got the date wrong for collection! Going tomorrow. Made up a temporary tap to fill the kettle and sorted the waste so at least the washing machine is plumbed back in for now.

That worktop with the stuck-on ceramic sink was bloody heavy!

IMG_1504.jpeg

Also said goodbye to my collection of labels of wines I have enjoyed. Look up the price of that label bottom left - someone bought me that and we had it with a Chinese takeaway!

IMG_1503.jpeg

Having a takeaway Indian tonight.

Noticed a burnt cable in the kitchen ring circuit. This ran up behind my oven so I suppose it must have been touching a hot spot. I won’t make that mistake when I site the new ovens to a different location. Luckily it’s the middle socket on that wall so I only have to run a new cable to one of the other sockets.

IMG_1506.jpeg

Great thread Mottie. Liking the pics and info...

'kin 'ell! When they said 'ready assembled' I thought they would be complete. The only thing assembled is the casings. It came in 128 pieces. I’ve got hinges and handles and doors and sides and loads of little bits. I’m not so confident now - not that keen on puzzles!

IMG_1527.jpegIMG_1528.jpeg

wow - thats would not be my understanding of ready assembled either - i think howdens with the exception of a corner cupboard all came assembled for my daughter
do you have x days to sort out if parts damaged or missing , i know when i was going around places for kitchens and bathroom, one of the issues with the companies they only gave you seven days to check everything after that no comeback, and there was aload of feedback on trust pilot (40% one star) because the company would not budge on that .... they went out of business NO Surprise there

Trust me Mottie, ready assembled is a lot of boll@x.
Lots of hinges in the wrong place, unsquared cabinets, glue drips, even filled holes when they drilled in the wrong place.
A magnet kitchen went back 90% a few years ago.

do you have x days to sort out if parts damaged or missing , i know when i was going around places for kitchens and bathroom, one of the issues with the companies they only gave you seven days to check everything after that no comeback, and there was aload of feedback on trust pilot (40% one star) because the company would not budge on that .... they went out of business NO Surprise there
Delivery driver said I had 7 days to notify them of any shortages but he said if I’m not starting it for a week or so, to give them a call and let them know and they are usually pretty good about it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back