my rads are not at hot as they use to be

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my rads use to get so hot that you couldnt touch them for longer than a couple of secs even if that

i have had a new boiler / cent heating install 2 years ago all with new pipes.. i have taken the air out of each one till water starts squirting out but im sure they can heat up more than they do now.. temp is on full aswell on the boiler.. pls help

Sponsored Links
Are some hotter than others :?:

If so, consult the FAQ post ,fifth one down and balance your system :D

no they are all at constant heat, 75% of the original heat i use to enjoy from them, all rads are also on max at the valves ! wonder why?

Sponsored Links
What was the old boiler / what is the new boiler / which pipes were replaced / what gauge of pipe has been used :?:

i meant to say i had a brand new system fitted, there was no central heating in the house, its the standard thick pipes used

new boiler is valliant ectoec 8310 or something along them lines, combi condensing

il call someone in then

thanks

Hang on :confused:

How can the rads be not as hot as they used to be if there were no radiators fitted to start with?

Or do you mean that your new system used to get red hot?

tis confusing (in the style of Russel Brand)

You have not said if the house is warm enough. This is the objective, not the temperature of the radiators.

Was the system protected from corrosion?

How often do you have to top up the pressure?

Do you live in a hard water area?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back