Nationalised industry question

Read real history, not the stuff they teach now.
What you are actually saying is it's better to treat people like mushrooms and teach propaganda, depending on the current political outlook :rolleyes:

I bet you'd love to un-invent the internet and remove the possibility of people being able to think for themselves too!

Sponsored Links
Some of the most affordable and reliable rail networks in the world are run by the state.
Japan, Russia, Austria, Germany, France ....

GB took control of the rail network after the wars to rebuild them - private companies could not afford to repair the damage done. Once fixed by the state, they were returned to private ownership.
Bit of a joke really. People say they didn't work under British Rail, but most commuters will tell you that they are far worse today.

I bet you'd love to un-invent the internet and remove the possibility of people being able to think for themselves too!
You have that the wrong way round. People today are unable to think for themselves due to the internet/faceache/****ter etc etc, they believe whats written, where everyone can alter history via a few keystrokes. Go to a library & read a book written long before this new ghastly millennium which tries to eradicate unsavoury historical facts.

Sponsored Links
It guess the point of state control over private is that if it does make a profit, that money can be directly invested into improving infrastructure, rather than paying for shareholder's Bentley's, private schools and ski holidays.

True, but he had his moments. Admittedly he was a changed (broken?) man after prison & helped bring about a semblance of peace, but you can't alter history.
Nelson Mandela was a product of apartheid,they were not going to change that system peacefully

It guess the point of state control over private is that if it does make a profit, that money can be directly invested into improving infrastructure, rather than paying for shareholder's Bentley's, private schools and ski holidays.

British rail was underfunded for years, its infrastructure was in poor repair.

Im not sure 'profit' happens on railways -do railways make a profit any where in the world?

I expect energy and water could or would turn a profit if state owned. I wonder if state owned enterprises ever get separated from the black hole of government expenditure, so would anybody really know about a profit?

Read real history, not the stuff they teach now. Him & his wife were behind more black deaths than the whites in SA, it was tribal warfare for control of the country, the ANC & its necklacing killings were among the worst atrocities.
ROFL,,far worse of course than Sharpville,Soweto,etc,,,The mandella’s had a busy time necklace killing hundreds.Even today,,huge numbers of blacks living in shipping containers,,,no whites in them!

Read real history, not the stuff they teach now. Him & his wife were behind more black deaths than the whites in SA, it was tribal warfare for control of the country, the ANC & its necklacing killings were among the worst atrocities.

Not read that. I hope your source isn't InforWars. :ROFLMAO:

Recommend me a book then.

You have that the wrong way round. People today are unable to think for themselves due to the internet/faceache/****ter etc etc, they believe whats written, where everyone can alter history via a few keystrokes. Go to a library & read a book written long before this new ghastly millennium which tries to eradicate unsavoury historical facts.
Back in the day, blah blah blah...

But in those immortal words it appears that 'you can handle the truth'!

PS. You believe what was written in the past, just because it was written in the past? - are you off your trolley? And btw, if you haven't noticed Libraries are an endangered species nowadays anyway. Fahrenheit 451 ;)

Such as the bible,written two millennia ago! 100% fact!now that is one book full of unsavoury “historical facts”...None of that fake news trash,full of proper facts,virgin birth,resurrection,feeding of 5000,parting of seas,heaven and earth created in 6 day’s,incontrovertible F.A.C.T.

Recommend me a book then.
upload_2018-10-1_14-11-3.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Back