Neataheat not firing up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got a Neataheat Mk2F which suddenly went dead. The 1 amp fuse on control panel had blown. Changed that and switched mains power back on. No sign of any life and after 5-10 secs 1 amp fuse flashed and blew.

Changed the boiler thermostat for a new one thinking (for this and another reason) that it was faulty item. Put new 1 amp fuse in and same thing. After 5-10 sec blew again.

My thiinking now is that it may be the relay. Should this be my next step??

If so do i need to get the potterton 640797 relay at about £30 as reading some earlier posts Maplin used to do a similar generic one for 1/4 price. However they don't seem to stock them anymore. Any other relays recommended?

jim

Sponsored Links
I can't imagine it would be the relay. Relay coils seldom go s/c.
Is this the one with the plug-in octal relay? If the relay is u/s a standard jobby from RS would do.

You should hear the relay energise when the boiler live feed hits.

More likely the flue fan. I would suggest you check this first.

Probably fan, easy to check.

However I would advise you get someone in for this model...the case requires smoke testing on replacement.

Sponsored Links
If yours is one of the few that has the ch pump connected it, it could be this.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back