Need a Corgi engineer for a simple job in SE London

In my view a £20 tip is too much if it was done as a standard job during normal working hours.

£10 is quite sufficient.

Oddly perhaps, if I have a trainee with me the customers quite often give the trainee a tip, usually £5.

If I was to get a tip when I had a trainee then I would share it or give it to him

Tony

The tip was given to an honest plumber. Where I live they are hard to find so anything that keeps him in business is a plus for me. He could have tried to up the price a little but he did not. He quoted £85 and that is what he charged. I was very happy with the service.

Sponsored Links
Deaf old bint gave me a fiver yesterday but when I checked the cash later I was a tenner down.

Her bill was £60 to replace internal valves at her sink mixer and re-washer her bathroom taps which were about 90 year old ,she must have thought that I said fifty and to cap it all she was back on the phone today complaining that her tap didn't work :cry:

The joys of being self employed.

I would not want my clients reading me describing one of them as a "bint" and if her taps genuinely didn't work after your visit, she had every right to phone you.

Sorry!

Sponsored Links
I would not want my clients reading me describing one of them as a "bint" and if her taps genuinely didn't work after your visit, she had every right to phone you.

Sorry!

Why are you sorry?

You're the vet eh?

Shouldn't be away ripping off distraught pet owners by performing needless operations at hundreds of pounds?

The word "bint" is arabic for "daughter".

Its the female of "bin" which is the male meaning "born of". e.g. Khaled bin Abdulla AlFayed.

During WWII it because know as a slang word for a woman and is pretty well established in English now.

Similarly "buksheeh" ( or buckshee ) meaning something for nothing!

Tony

Lets be honest you can just see Agiles customers looking at the poor lad . Thinking he must neeed a pint after spending all day eith him.

Whilst you are right, Tony (Agile) about the word's origin, it is usually referenced to as deroratory slang. I would not want my mother, wife or daughter referred to as a bint by anyone, never mind someone presenting themselves as a professional man.

Clients do judge you by how you treat and discuss other clients and feel that is likely to be how you view them behind their backs.

Whilst Mr. Bhoy may well be an excellent plumber, he manages in this single thread to demonstrate a lack of respect for the original writer, his client and me, all without justification.

Respect is not a thing doled out easily on this forum, i think you'll find.

It can be a nest of vipers at times.

If you are a vet you may not understand that rewashering very old taps is not always 100% successful. Similar to repairing broken dogs. Vets very rarely give money back when the animal fails to be repaired. :LOL:

I expect that keeping old boilers going is not that much different from keeping old dogs going.

My dog was a German Shepard/Greyhound cross and was luckily very healthy and lived to 14 years which is more than either of those individual breeds can usually achieve.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back