need a new combi fitting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an old worcester 24cdi which seems to have died.
I have been quoted 1675.00 to replace it with a worcester 25si.
Is this a fair price for this boiler, i only ask on here as i am disabled and cant get out to find prices myself.

I have tried pricing up on the net but not really sure how to get a true figure.
As places only seem to do a price for the boiler but not fitting.

Can anyone help me here,as i am without hotwater
Many thanks

Sponsored Links
I intend too andy but as i am disabled this price came to me today and i really need to know if its fair and i need hot water pretty quickly..
It its a fair then thats all i would like too know as a starting point as money is tight as i cant work.

Would it not be better and cheaper to get the existing boiler repaired?

Sponsored Links
Hello DP.
The expansion tank has gone and its 13 yrs old plus the timeing dial has broken.
Dont know how much that lot woulc cost me but at least with a new one it wouldbe better rated than my old o e and help save me in the long run.

Sorry if i sound like i am asking to many questions but being in my con dition its hard to run around trying to get prices.

Thanks again

Bypassing the timer clock and fitting a programmable room stat fixes that one cheaply enough, and expansion vessels aren't all that dear. if that is all that is wrong with it I would get it repaired.

You can get it fixed for a hell of alot cheaper, with regards to "is it a good price" thats like saying how long is a piece of string, its impossible for us to tell as we do not know exactly what work is involved, it seems a fair price for a boiler swap ball park, get 3 quotes then decide.

Thank you all very much for your help.
I will ask about getting a repair and ask for another two quotes.

And bazdaman thank you for telling me its a fair price for the stright change.
I just wanted to ask those that have an idea as to give me some direction in where to go with this.

Thank you all again.

Most disabled people seem to get free boilers supplied and fitted by various schemes!

Tony

Easy straight swap you should be looking at boiler + £300 to £400 in and out in under a day.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back