Need help to choose thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I would like to change the simple thermostat with wheel to one of those.

Can you please let me know if I can simply change it or this is not possible without additional wiring. If yes which one would you go for.

Thank you

this what I have at the moment

I would like to get one of those

Sponsored Links
Just swap the wheel thermostat with a Honeywell CM907, no extra wiring is needed. All you need to do is switch the timer/programmer central heating to constant then control it with your new programmable stat.

thanks but I want one with the extra wireless receiver so I can control temperature upstairs.

you can control upstairs/downstairs temps if you alter your heating system to a Zoned one. That will involve altering the piping to add one or two motorised valves and wiring them in. Changing the thermostat will not do that.

Sponsored Links
What I thing to achieve by getting thermostat with extra wireless sensor is to overide hard wired sensor downstairs as downstairs is always cooler and by time you get to set temperature downstairs its boiling upstairs. So at night I want to set wireless sensor to keep selected temperature upstairs. It will be cooler downstairs because of that but I don't mind.
I hope thin make sense.
Thanks

thanks. not sure if this what I want as this is receiver and thermostat not two thermostats as Y9120H Sundial RF² Pack 1 or Drayton MiTime RF Pack 2 T720R . I thought I can use wireless upstairs and the had wired downstairs and use the one I need at the time

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back