need help with a toilet waste

It's been bodged over the years by people trying to avoid doing the correct job of cutting it all out and renewing back to the stack! Been there, done it! If customer doesn't want to lay out then I tell them the best that can be done is always going to be bodge!

Sponsored Links
It's been bodged over the years by people trying to avoid doing the correct job of cutting it all out and renewing back to the stack! Been there, done it! If customer doesn't want to lay out then I tell them the best that can be done is always going to be bodge!

You are right of course.

Here's a photo from outside

IMG_20161009_141328.jpg

Well you have 2 choices. The quick fix, cutting back a little etc and using a connector or cutting back even more and fitting a more permanent solution which would include looking at the secondary vent and stack setup and renewing up to the wall. Without cutting out the whole external stack section at the branch and replacing then that seems to be the only 2 solutions it would seem.

Well you have 2 choices. The quick fix, cutting back a little etc and using a connector or cutting back even more and fitting a more permanent solution which would include looking at the secondary vent and stack setup and renewing up to the wall. Without cutting out the whole external stack section at the branch and replacing then that seems to be the only 2 solutions it would seem.

Do you think the banded connector would work given the length of pipe I've got to work with ?

If I fit internally do you think a standard pan connector would fit ? http://www.toolstation.com/shop/p90210

So many different pan connectors I don't know which to choose. Are the angled 90 degree ones for floor connections only ?

Sponsored Links
The angled ones are for horizontal as well as floor connections. I can't recommend the toolstation slinky fit - I'll get abused by the others, once bitten.:unsure: To get a more accurate internal size of the pipe you can wrap string round it when cleaned and measure that then work out the dia. from the circumference . Because the spigot on a modern pan connector may be too big for the I.D of the lead. OR get an idea of diameter through the holes that have rotted in the pipe. How many flats/outlets into the stack above ?...... Actually, does the Freeholder have responsibility for the soil pipe:idea:

No, the bent pan connector (90deg) can be used horizontally too, just need to keep a fall on the pipe.

My advice would be - If you don't want to chop out the stack branch etc and renew the whole run then you are looking to cut the pipe back just at the breach and then see what you're left with and what's the condition of the pipe and then see if anything else needs done and type of connection(s) may be needed.

Thanks guys I used a swan neck pan connector + a banded fernco coupler as you mentioned - just about got the angle on it but looks a bit p1ssed, but no more smells and no drips, so job done!

IMG_20161012_210716.jpg

I'll repaint the lead pipe with some hammerite white + turn those metal straps the other way to tidy it up a bit. Blue paper is there just in case lol

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: that looks a fooking mess , in one of your tenants property i take it :ROFLMAO:

roasted :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: grow up , you still struggle to understand and confused i didn't pay anything :confused:( i pay my licence ) and i pay all my bills unlike you do . are you going to leave the soil waste like that ??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back