Neff oven and 10 amp fuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
In another thread opps said:

"My previous Neff oven required a 10 amp fuse"

Read more: https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/electric-fan-oven.591065/#ixzz7SAlLp0Sb

If the MI said that they are wrong. The purpose of the fuse is to protect the cable not the oven on the end of it which should be internally protected. I don't believe Neff fitted a 10amp rated cable to their oven.
Do I assume you have had yet another post deleted and banned from a thread by the mods?

The simple solution is to stop posting your crap.

Yes the Neff range do include an oven that does legitimately require a 10A OCPD. I recently replaced one in one of my rental properties and yes there was quite correctly a 10A fuse in the SFCU.

The MI was quite correctly stating the requirement for a 10A fuse and it had been installed by a conciencious person.

EDIT: Just checked my notes, that property has a 13A socket in place of the connexion plate behind the oven, controlled by the 'cooker switch' on a 32A circuit, there was a 10A fuse in the plug and now 13A.

Last edited:
If the MI said that they are wrong. The purpose of the fuse is to protect the cable not the oven on the end of it which should be internally protected. I don't believe Neff fitted a 10amp rated cable to their oven.
Why don't you believe that? If the manufacturer is stating that a 10A fuse is adequately high a rating for the oven, why on earth would they go to the (albeit small) unnecessary added expense of supplying the oven with flexible cable >1mm² (i.e. CCC >10A) ??

Should such an oven for sale in the UK not come with a moulded plug containing the required fuse?

Sponsored Links
Should such an oven for sale in the UK not come with a moulded plug containing the required fuse?
It should. However, I suppose that the MI may still indicate the required fuse size (hopefully corresponding to that initially supplied!), in case it has to be replaced?

Kind Regards, John

I didn't install the Neff so can't say how it originated, it was a rewirable plug with a Pricerite price sticker so not as fitted. Pricerite were still going C1977 when my work location changed but had changed to FineFare when I returned there C1983 so the plug was 40 years old but the Neff oven C2010

It should. However, I suppose that the MI may still indicate the required fuse size (hopefully corresponding to that initially supplied!), in case it has to be replaced?

Kind Regards, John
We had the user instructions which included installation, I recall iit ncluded the usual wire colours and fuse size but I don't recall if it mentioned a 13A plug.

Do I assume you have had yet another post deleted and banned from a thread by the mods?

The simple solution is to stop posting your crap.

Yes, he wheeled out the one example that he has of an MI that has incorrect guidance (you must remember it - from B&Q - he posts it every time). :sleep::sleep:
Looks like the mods are monitoring our friend as it was removed very quickly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back