Electric fan oven

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all - now please dont laugh at this question. I am a female with absoloutely no idea about electrics - so here we go.
I am having a complete new kitchen and I want an electric fan oven with a gas hob. My cooker I am using now is a freestanding gas cooker which I defo do not want again.
My question is can i plug a fan oven into a normal wall socket?
I cannot put a new cable through as my fusebox is in the front of the house and my kitchen is in the back - I think this would mean a great deal of work and my hubby said we are not taking any ceilings down or anything like that.
Someone please advise

Sponsored Links
So i can just plug it into an ordinary wall socket - omg the relief. I really thought i was going to have to have a freestanding cooker - thank you so much :):):):):):):)

Sponsored Links
So i can just plug it into an ordinary wall socket - omg the relief.
Yep, just check the seller website, or for belt and braces, download the instruction manual of the desired oven, and check in there.

Are you sure you don’t already have an existing “cooker” circuit?
It may be whatever is providing the electrical connection for your existing gas cooker.
it may be providing the spark ignition.

My Neff fan oven plugs in and is rated at 2.99KW. It is brilliant. It only really uses more than 2.2KW on the very highest settings or grill.

So i can just plug it into an ordinary wall socket - omg the relief. I really thought i was going to have to have a freestanding cooker - thank you so much :):):):):):):)
However, where is the "socket-outlet" relative to the location of the proposed "oven", how long is the "lead" from this oven and how will it be routed to the "socket-outlet"?

British fan oven normally under 3 kW so can plug in, European fan oven some are 16 amp rather than 13 amp so will not plug into British socket, stand alone cooker with fan oven does not need to time share for closed door grilling so often works better than a built in oven, and the induction hob you get with a stand alone cooker often has knobs where with a built in hob often silly touch controls, so although at first glance better to have built in, because the stand alone has better features only really worth having built in if the oven is eye level.

Before the induction hob the gas hob was much better than the electric, but with the induction hob the electric is better except when using a wok. Electric induction is faster, and more controllable to gas, but it needs a magnetic bottom to pans, and with a wok it makes it too heavy. Unlike a halogen hob and induction hob you can tilt pan a little, and it does not need to be ground base, plus loads of safety features.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back