Neighbours boiler safety becasue of my new build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have I given any ill equipped advise?

If you had indeed given anything at all then it would have been "advice".

"Advise" is the verb!

This English Literature is so complicated isn't it. Just as well that I stick to engineering!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Yes Tony, this "English Literature" can be complicated.

But then so can the English Language.....!

Regards

I can't see much of an issue, regarding the operation of his boiler, the flue terminal still has plenty of space to breath and discharge and disperse fumes, I can assure you his boiler simply did not stop because of your porch has been erected too near his terminal, it is not too near from operational point of view, but too close from safety point of view. His flue would have to be almost touching your wall before it becomes an issue to the correct operation of your boiler or it stops working as it cannot breath oxygen in!

:!: :?: :!: :?: :!: :eek:

Your opinion is not valid or wanted on these matters. YOU ARE NOT QUALIFIED. This sort of thing doesn't come down to "opinion".

also to give out general advise where I feel I can contribute, in number of different subjects, never have I given any bad advise or broken any forum rules.

Get over yourself and bog off. My first quote above pretty much blows the latter out of the water among others I am too hung over to bother finding.

The fact that you in anyway feel you are qualified to give this kind of adviCe shows breath taking arrogance.... but oh wait you had a problem with NG once didn't you - sorry I forgot that makes you the overseer of the gas world.

:rolleyes: Where's a mod when you need them?

Oh, and if you think I am getting personal - I'll point dangermouse46 your way then you'll get a real taste of it :LOL:

Prat.

You really are more arrogant and think you are too smart! You could not even comprehend my quote you pasted above.

I will re-write that quote in more simple English:

according to my opinion, Mr Porch's porch was not responsible for Mr Boilers Boiler shutting down, if it was , then why the hell is it still working and why has it not shut down since?

I suggest you go back to school and study some English Literature as well as study some Physics, they will teach you that hot air is lighter as it is less dense, so it tends to rise. and disperse.

Sponsored Links
English Literature

Actually I already hold an honours degree in it.

But....

His flue would have to be almost touching your wall before it becomes an issue to the correct operation of your boiler or it stops working as it cannot breath oxygen in

:eek: :eek:

hot air is lighter as it is less dense, so it tends to rise. and disperse.

And when it cools (and it does relatively quickly)?

And what if it isn't dispersing as quickly as you might have imagined?

And seeing as that boiler will be sucking in quite a lot of its own POC ?

Just because something is operating, doesn't mean it is operating safely, and you are not QUALIFIED to make that judgement, and why there are rules in place governing flue clearances.

For all we know the boiler may have shut down due to POC recirculating during a particular combination of weather patterns/wind direction.

Another reason for rules governing clearances.

As to who is responsible, it will be down to the boiler owner and the builder of the porch. The OP is probably OK, but then the vagaries of planning and building control never cease to amaze me.

Your OPINION is as about as useful and relevant as condom in a nunnery.

I really couldn't care less about my grammar on here. Especially when the person trying to use it as a defence for his other idiocies is far from perfect in that department too.

Besides - considering I am dyslexic, and doing several other things at the same time as posting on here, my posts as clear as they need to be.

Keep trying Mike... try and get back on topic if you can; but I think it is pretty clear to all involved that you know nothing of which you advise. Which is the main aim of my, and other's responses to you.

The OP and anyone else reading your drivel might think it was indeed valid advice and act upon it.

good job like me, Dan has some sense of humour as well! :)

and thanks to my posts, even if pointless, or useless, it is helping you guys beefing up each other's 'thanked' count!

I really sometimes wonder if you guys have really earned all those ''thanked count'' through your own shear hard work, or do you just go around patting each other!
I am proud of my hard earned genuine thanked count, however small it is.;)

Hey Mike , you advice in this thread is pants , you are not qualified to give advice on gas related matters (or any other come to think of it :LOL: ) so I suggest you STXU. ;)

I really sometimes wonder if you guys have really earned all those ''thanked count'' through your own shear hard work, or do you just go around patting each other!

You would be surprised at what goes into getting a decent thanks tally.

Giving out decent ACCURATE advice is only one aspect.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back