netaheat profile 30 boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone
I have this problem with the potterton netaheat profile 30 boiler.
I turn the water/heating on at the wall and the booster switch on upstairs for the boiler to fire up.
It sounds like the boiler is trying to fire up but no pilot light is lit
When I moved in I did not have the instructions on how to light the pilot,so at the moment we have been using the emersion quite alot which creates a big bill.
Does anyone know how to relight the pilot
Thanks[/quote]

Sponsored Links
Hi everyone
I have this problem with the potterton netaheat profile 30 boiler.
I turn the water/heating on at the wall and the booster switch on upstairs for the boiler to fire up.
It sounds like the boiler is trying to fire up but no pilot light is lit
When I moved in I did not have the instructions on how to light the pilot,so at the moment we have been using the emersion quite alot which creates a big bill.
Does anyone know how to relight the pilot
Thanks
[/quote]

There is a reset button on the underside of the boiler (on the right hand side towards the front if my memory serves me). Try pushing that in and see what happens. If that doesn't work, I think that the problem is likely to be with the control board or possibly, the solenoid.

Either way, you'll need professional help (think in terms of the far side of £100 for the parts and a hour of labour). In my experience, Netaheat Profiles are decent enough boilers, so it would be an investment to get it serviced at the same time. Hope that helps.

Thankyou for that
I tried to press the button,but it is already pushed in.
There is a hole to the left of the underneath of the boiler which says pilot
I thought that maybe I could light it but whatever I try to light it with,I just blows straight out.
But thankyou anyway for you reply

I hate to think of what you are trying to light!

As far as I remember all those boilers light themselves when working correctly.

I think you will have to call a gas registered engineer to sirt it out.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Do not attempt to use the boiler under any circumstances if you have tried to light the boiler with a match; switch the power off at the spur if you did.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back