new bathroom upstairs no water pressure help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
just moved in a new house where the bath and toilet has been dow stairs i have a brand new boiler and heating tank pressure down stairs is fine ive just fitted a bath and sink up stairs and managed to tap into the water hot and cold before it goes down stairs ive run in 15mm for basin and 15mm the 22mm for the bath but pipes from the heater tank run in 15mm for around 10ft before i tee into them could this be why or can anyone help can i pump the water or somit

Sponsored Links
The full stop is a couple of keys away from the letter "M" on the keyboard, and the comma is adjacent to it. If you press down a shift button, you get capital letters. If that helps :confused:

proper english might help, but failing that it could be an airlock

15mm into 22mm but 15mm from header tank then 22mm. WTF's all that about ?

Sponsored Links
just moved in a new house where the bath and toilet has been dow stairs i have a brand new boiler and heating tank pressure down stairs is fine ive just fitted a bath and sink up stairs and managed to tap into the water hot and cold before it goes down stairs ive run in 15mm for basin and 15mm the 22mm for the bath but pipes from the heater tank run in 15mm for around 10ft before i tee into them could this be why or can anyone help can i pump the water or somit

Provided you have a conventional system, for example, Cold tank in the loft then yes, the pipe sizing to the Bath is all wrong.

You might have bought high pressure taps also, this doesn't help matters, all gravity fed Bathrooms should have Low pressure taps.

So, in an attempt to clarify!

You have installed a new bathroom into an upstairs room. This work is notifiable and requires approval.

You have tee'd into the existing pipework to supply the new suite.

Now for a teensy weensy little question - how high up above the taps is the header tank?

When yoiu say 'heater tank' is this a cylindrical object with a domed top that has either yellow, geen or blue foam on it and sited in the airing cupboard?

the water tank is in the loft and the heater tank is around 10ft away
So, about 6 foot above the bath taps?

There will be a 15mm pipe with mains water supplying the header tank. You can tee into this for the WC and cold taps (but it may cause future complications if you want a mixer shower)

There should be a 22mm pipe from the top of the cylinder downstairs up to above the cold water tank in the loft. This is where you will get your hot water from, and you should tee into it using 22mm for the bath taps, but can use a 15mm tee off this en-route for your basin.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back