new bathroom upstairs no water pressure help

Sponsored Links
At the top of the cylinder downstairs, is it a correct interpretation of what you have written to say that there is a 22mm pipe that goes back up to the cold water tank in the loft, but just above the cylinder there is a tee on this pips which has a 15mm pipe which supplies the current hot water for the downstairs kitchen and bathroom?

If this is the case, then leave this arrangement alone and tee into this 22mm pipe somewhere at floor level upstairs, using 22mm pipe, to supply your bathroom.

no mate the heater tank is up stairs the bath and toilet where both down tairs separate the downstairs lav had hot and cold water so i tapped in directly above where it went through the floor/ceiling to run into new bath room hence being 15mm .

Sponsored Links
i get wat your saying hot 22mm from top of the cylinder and cold mains at the base where it enters i am gratefull for your help fella many thanks jay

Imagine you are saying one of your posts out loud, every time you need to breath, add a comma into your posts. It really is quite exhausting reading your posts otherwise!

Also a few other suggestions:-

Cylinder = where your Hot water is stored

Cold storage Cistern = where your cold water is stored

My apologies if this comes across as patronising

OK, no real difference.

Where the pipe comes out of the top of the cylinder, it goes horizontally (just off to be precise), for about 1 1/2 feet before teeing into a 22mm pipe?

the down stairs lav was all 15mm from cylinder,so i tapped into the pipe where i needed to so should be 22mm from cylinder all the way .

You have less head of pressure now, coupled with a hunch of mine that you now have high pressure taps throughout in your new bathroom.

Any links to the taps you bought?

Also (as mentioned) pipe work is undersized.

the down stairs lav was all 15mm from cylinder,so i tapped into the pipe where i needed to so should be 22mm from cylinder all the way .
Yep - forget the 15 pipe.

Tee into the 22mm somewhere slightly above where it tees off upwards above the cylinder, or anywhere below this tee. Wherever is most convenient.

If you want to further improve the flow rate, then you could raise the height of the cold water tank in the loft - but that's for another day!

Before we go any further, have you installed a mixer tap in the bathroom,? If you have mixer taps, then you need to make sure they are suitable for low pressure as bathstyle said earlier (which is what you've got due to the height of the cold water tank), plus, contrary to what I said earlier, you should supply these taps directly from the cold water tank.

ahhh, bang goes my theory, I refer you to Dextrous' posts and my original post

to be honest the water does run but i think,its where the 15mm from the cylinder up the landing then across the room .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back