New boiler cost

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'll wager this question has been asked many a time before - my Myson Orion regular boiler is well over 15-years-old and about as efficient as the space shuttle. Consequently it needs replacing. I live in a small three bed terraced house - can anyone give me a ball-park figure for the purchase and installation of a new one? So far I've had quotes from both ends of the scale.

Cheers all

TP

Sponsored Links
You're right, it does get asked with annoying regularity.

Any figures you get in reply will be more by luck than judgement. Especially with the information provided.

You will never get the cost of a new boiler back.
You will be better sorting out the heating loses in the house.
Hot water tank properly insulated. Hot water tank thermostat.
Wall thermostat. Double glazing. Loft insulation. Cavity wall insulation.
Thermostatic valves on radiators.

Your 15 year old boiler is still a baby with very little to go wrong. Will be going long after any modern boiler you put on the wall. You need to balance that with the repair and breakdowns of a modern boiler.

All the above is true.
"Probably somewhere between £800 and £3500" is also true, but doesn't help you very much. It depends.....

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back