NEW BOILER HEATLINE ?

But your not getting the point are you?

There are some boilers out there that cost £1750 and there are some that cost £350,the point is you pay for what you get however much more important is how the boiler is installed a £1750 boiler will end up knacked if badly installed but the boiler manufacturer is hardly likely to tell that customer to do one whereas with the el-cheapo boiler you are going to be on your own more or less.

well said Tony, couldn't agree more.

Sponsored Links
But your not getting the point are you?

There are some boilers out there that cost £1750 and there are some that cost £350,the point is you pay for what you get however much more important is how the boiler is installed a £1750 boiler will end up knacked if badly installed but the boiler manufacturer is hardly likely to tell that customer to do one whereas with the el-cheapo boiler you are going to be on your own more or less.

i disagree slightly.

doesnt matter on the price of the boiler, if its installed badly it doesnt matter who the manufacturers are they will all take any opportunity to not to repair under warranty.

the real point IMO is a heatline boiler for £350 is not going to be of the same quality and design of a more expensive and better regarded make/model and is far more likely to be unreliable and have a shorter lifespan. the cheaper boiler is also less likely to do well if badly installed, a better boiler has more chance of surviving longer even if poorly installed.

Everyone has ignored mehran, who only installs Heatlines - so he said. His experience of these boiler is valuable too.

The Viso is a low tech boiler, which does not mean an unreliable boiler.

Sponsored Links
Everyone has ignored mehran, who only installs Heatlines - so he said. His experience of these boiler is valuable too.

I fitted cheap boilers for two years, Sabres AKA Vokera compacts, for the first year they were excellent then the ceiling fell in and Vokera left me in the lurch.

Hearing similar stories from other installers in my area wrt the same manufacturer.

El-cheapo boilers = El cheapo job done often as not by a guy in a white transit van for cash with a mobile number and no other means of contact.

Go to any Ultimate branch in the UK on a Sat morning and you'll see them all there queuing up for their stuff.

The Ultimate staff 'refer' these guys to anyone who asks because that ensures sales for the company. The branch manager of the one local to me boasts that SE boilers are his biggest sales by far.

Bottom line is you have to blame the customers for this aspect of the trade.

i fit a mostly solaris but do fit other makes :LOL: like viessmann and biasi

it is not my job to defend heatline, i know the flaws and strong point of this boiler. but i will tell you that 90% of faults are down to installer error. i know this because i am a service agent for them.

the most important part of any installation is not the boiler but how well it is installed. if the punter that started this topic wants the job down cheaply then they don't have a hope and the boiler will fail before its time. simple as that.

IMO the vizo will last as long as a boiler like the baxi 105he but as other posters have said for 350 there is cut backs like the warranty, output and clock

lastly i don't fit many vizos. the capiz 28kw(not sold in b&q) is a bit more money but you get 2year warranty and a bit more output. bit more and get a solaris which is A rated or get a vizo plus which is A rated as well

i fit a mostly solaris but do fit other makes :LOL: like viessmann and biasi

it is not my job to defend heatline, i know the flaws and strong point of this boiler. but i will tell you that 90% of faults are down to installer error. i know this because i am a service agent for them.

the most important part of any installation is not the boiler but how well it is installed. if the punter that started this topic wants the job down cheaply then they don't have a hope and the boiler will fail before its time. simple as that.

IMO the vizo will last as long as a boiler like the baxi 105he but as other posters have said for 350 there is cut backs like the warranty, output and clock

lastly i don't fit many vizos. the capiz 28kw(not sold in b&q) is a bit more money but you get 2year warranty and a bit more output. bit more and get a solaris which is A rated or get a vizo plus which is A rated as well

I don't want to slate the heatlines but I honestly don't think they are as good as the more expensive boilers, you get what you pay for. Out of interest what are the main problems you find on the warranty calls you attend?

I fitted cheap boilers for two years, Sabres AKA Vokera compacts, for the first year they were excellent then the ceiling fell in and Vokera left me in the lurch.

Hearing similar stories from other installers in my area wrt the same manufacturer.

El-cheapo boilers = El cheapo job done often as not by a guy in a white transit van for cash with a mobile number and no other means of contact.

Go to any Ultimate branch in the UK on a Sat morning and you'll see them all there queuing up for their stuff.

The Ultimate staff 'refer' these guys to anyone who asks because that ensures sales for the company. The branch manager of the one local to me boasts that SE boilers are his biggest sales by far.

Bottom line is you have to blame the customers for this aspect of the trade.

well said Tony.

cheers guys thanks for your replys but dangermouse a more info reply would be better as i said i am on a budget and a reply of what do you expect for £350.00 is not contractive is it !!! i have come on here for advice and not rubbish !!! please tell me your qualifications so i can air them with other people on this site !!paul
i see Mousey at it again, where is that Baron when you need him :LOL:.
if we all had super money we'd have super boilers and superman to fix anything. But we dont so ask for advice and help , not -ve feedback.

The Vizo will give good service if installed on a clean system!

Many of the parts in the Vizo are the same or better than other boilers. For example the pumps are Grunfoss and the gas valves are SIT.

The boilers are cheap because they are made in Turkey but the main components are from around the world.

Like all other boiler engineers, I fix quite a lot of older Heatlines and its always the same story, the system has not been cleaned and so the boiler fails!

Just once, I repaired a Heatline with a genuine fault, a £15 sensor failed.

The Heatline warrantee backup is actually BETTER than Vaillant and most other manufacturers as they will replace ONE clogged plate HE even though its not the boilers fault. Then it has to be power flushed and a receipt shown.

There is little need for a long warrantee on a reliable boiler but obviously there is a cost to operating a longer warrantee. Potty milk this by selling the same boiler with three diffferent length warrantee periods!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back