New Boiler Installation - Certificates

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

I just had a valliant boiler installed by a corgi registered plumber. I asked about the certificates and he said you send the forms back to vallaint and then the certificates come later.

Is this right and what should I expect?

Sponsored Links
He should have filled in the benchmark certificate that came with boiler and notified the various parties as to the work he has completed.

Was that the commissioning form? He certainly filled this in - It's been nearly 6 weeks now since install and I'm a little concerned that the paperwork is taking too long.

Shall I call corgi?

Sponsored Links
I believe I should be expecting the completion certificate but I'm guessing this comes from the council so it takes some time?

The installer has 30 days from completion to register the new appliance with local building control officer. This is done via Corgi, you should/must recieve a certificate detailing who/where/when and what was done.
If you have the companies/installers details ring Corgi and ask if its been registered.

The customer should not need to ask about certs, by agreeing to do work, the installer by default is implying that he is registered and competant in that area to carry out the work.
Still assumption is the mother & father of all f**k ups

If your boiler is not registered the mans warranty is void, they will check before calling in response to call.
Contact Corgi to verify installers registration, if not registered you have a problem. Pressure corgi into reporting the a**hole to HSE for prosecution and then sue the doughnut, it will cost money to get the appliance re-installed and signed off by RGi and you dont want to pay twice.

What is it your expecting?

As long as you have the blue benchmark your ok

Surely you know that CORGI have to be notified when a boiler is fitted and they send a blue certificate to the householder?

Or are you another cowboy who fit boilers without notifying CORGI?

Tony

What is it your expecting?

As long as you have the blue benchmark your ok

Surely you know that CORGI have to be notified when a boiler is fitted and they send a blue certificate to the householder?

Or are you another cowboy who fit boilers without notifying CORGI?

Tony

Just because someone does not notify Corgi of an installation does not automatically make them a cowboy, I know some very good installers who refuse to noify Corgi, but that is because they are fed up with the police state control Corgi think they have over the industry, nothing to do with their abilities.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back