New Boiler Installation.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Folks,

I've just had new central heating installed, including a new boiler. The new boiler is situated where the old one was, in the kitchen, but is much bigger. But the main problem is the pipework that is left exposed under the boiler, where there is a double wall socket which is now restricted due to this pipework. First question is should this pipework be exposed as this wasn't explained to me before installation was carried out, and apart from anything else is unsightly, although this can be boxed in. Next question is more serious and regards the pipework being so close to and restricting the use of the electric wall socket. I'm really not sure how safe it is, although the engineer said there are no regulations to say it is not safe to do so. Any opinions, anyone?

Gordon.

//www.diynot.com/network/Gordon55/albums/

GALLERY]

Sponsored Links
That is appaling. Go for the cheapest quote did ya?

The scariest thing about that picture is..... the general public can see it - and think that is the 'norm'. :rolleyes:

Look at the electrics. It gets worse every time I dare to look at it.

Edit: This has to be a wind up. Photoshopped?

Sponsored Links
i like the word 'professional' on the magnaclean. it must give the customer a feeling of confidence.

Thanks for the replies. Can't say I'm surprised by them. What I would like to know is how should it have been done, can it be sorted and is it safe? And are there any regulating authorities that can be contacted about it?

Oh, and it wasn't the cheapest quote. He just didn't say it was going to be left like that.

Thanks for the replies. Can't say I'm surprised by them. What I would like to know is how should it have been done, can it be sorted and is it safe? And are there any regulating authorities that can be contacted about it?

Oh, and it wasn't the cheapest quote. He just didn't say it was going to be left like that.

Thanks for the replies. Can't say I'm surprised by them.
Why? If you had doubts, why go ahead?

I can honstly say I do not describe how my pipework will look, unless asked, but if I left a new boiler with that pipework, I'd shoot myself.

As for safe.... contact gassafe. The will inspect the installation FOC, and if there are any defects, the installer (if registered) will have to correct them. I assume he / she is registered?

RGI's are not allowed to discuss gas related matters on this forum.

terrible install, not many good installers use solder ring fittings either as they are too expensive, that looks more like a DIY install

misterdubya, why should I have had doubts? You said yourself you don,t say what your pipework will be like, and neither did he. And I didn't ask because I didn't expect it to be like it is. My fault I suppose, I should have had the foresight to ask how bad the finish was going to be :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
And for the record, it may look like a diy job, but he was registered and it wasn't the cheapest quote.

Im an electrician, just thought I'd add that because you cant take the front of the socket off its now made the wiring unsatisfactory too.

Oh and he cant wire a plug. Or plumb by the looks of it.

misterdubya, why should I have had doubts?

Because you typed this...
Can't say I'm surprised by them

If I had the forethought to think "I won't be surprised if they make an abortion of the pipework", I would have binned the quote. End of.

So, your not surprised you've had a crap job done, and now are using a forum (not the installer) to verify your claims. It don't add up here. Did you go for the cheapest quote? You can be honest with me. ;)

Im an electrician, just thought I'd add that because you cant take the front of the socket off its now made the wiring unsatisfactory too.

Oh and he cant wire a plug. Or plumb by the looks of it.

Thanks,londonboy re the socket. That was one of the things I wanted confirmed.

OP, you did not seriously look at that plug and think..... "Is that ok?" did you?

Seriously, please tell me you did not think that? Perleeese.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back