New Boiler Installation.

I rather think he wasn't surprised at the comments not how crap the install is ;)

Looks like there's a drip on the magnaclean valve too :LOL:

Sponsored Links
misterdubya, why should I have had doubts?

Because you typed this...
Can't say I'm surprised by them

So, your not surprised you've had a crap job done, and now are using a forum (not the installer) to verify your claims. It don't add up here. Did you go for the cheapest quote? You can be honest with me. ;)

Well again, no, but I do wish I had called you. But you must be so booked up. :cry:

I noticed that, along with the plastic so close to the boiler - which Dan has commented on. That can only be 2 or 3 hours of labour there - Im beginning to think the OP should have gone with the cheapest quote.

If this is genuine, get gassafe involved. Thats all I can say in a constructive way.

I can't be sure of the scale but the hep connector must be closer than a metre to the boiler.
I would be ashamed to leave a mess like this even in a garage, let alone in a kitchen.

Sponsored Links
Think you maybe disappointed with Gas Safe

They will tightness test, ensure its the correct size gas pipe
They will inspect the flue annd ensure it meets MI

Other than that they are toothless ................ Sadly there is nowhere within the regs that says pipework must be neat and tidy and done to a good standard

Only thing that I can see they will pull up on is the plastic fittings with 1mtr of the boiler ......... they may have something to say about the condensate and where it discharges to but other than that there are some poor installers out there that get away with it

Its like one of those optical illusion photos.
There is a level/plumb pipe which one is it . :eek:

cant see a wire for a room stat. is it the twin and earth on the right hand side of the boiler? it doesnt look like it goes the same way as the power cable.

whilst boilers are forever shoehorned into tight spaces with customers unwilling to take on the extra cost of removing and refitting kitchen units this is what you are going to be the result.

It looks awful but it (probably) does the job...

why should and installer take to pieces a kitchen unit so that he can provide neat pipework?

Alec still no excuse for pipes going in every direction apart from level or plumb but guess it shows the standard of your work that you think its acceptible

haha...your welcome to come and see my work any time!

the point is that its always going to be a mess under the boiler and a magna clean..

whats needed is a practice of providing decent space for these appliances..

Its never always going to be a mess ,some will look tight and conjested .
But still no excuse for the majority of pipes in that photo

the thing that looks awful is the magna clean, and the pipes may be not straight...and the mix of the fittings...

what would you have done differently? I suspect the issue is that a new flue hole was not drilled so the boiler sits low...if a rear exit flue was there before...thats a different complaint though and merely speculation on my behalf..

I am no fan of untidy pipework, but some times things do have to get compromised...

Its very easy to criticise...as this post testifies...

Breaking News - Crusty the Clown quits Springfield and gets Gas Safe ticket :mrgreen:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back