New boiler selection help please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a shortlist of 3 manufacturers/boilers:

1. Worcester Bosch - 38CDI Greenstar
2. Viessmann 100-W or 200-W, not sure which (will add weather compensator thingie)
3. Broag Avanta - 35kW or 39kW

I am leaning towards the WB or Viessmann, so just looking for those in the know for their input...

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Viessmann have suggested to go withthe 100-W as I dont have under floor heating, solar etc, just plain old radiators..... However from reading a few other posts, would the weather compensator on the 100-W work with a relatively poorly insulated house, I have heard the 200-W and associated more complicated weather compensator may be a better option.

Well I reckon the WB is the more expensive quote, then the broag and lastly the Viessmann.
I have fitted all of them and the order I would choose is:

WB - Excellent backup, Pain in arse boiler to work on, however hopefully you have an accredited installer give you a quote so you should have 7 years warranty
Viessmann - Good boiler, but can be lacking in after sales
Broag - Does have issues, decent support from Heat Team

From a supply perspective, WB is cheaper by £100 when compared to the 200-W. Both are being spec'd with the weather compensation controller which apparently can offer additional savings on annual spend. Viessmann make a big deal about thiscontroller, WB don't.
I am still awaiting some quotes for supply + fit.

Sponsored Links
worcester for me, 7 yr warranty and a damn good product

Must be a Worcester accredited installer who gets extra discounts/longer warranties if he installs more than 50 of their boilers a year.

Also get nice jackets etc.

Trouble those incentives dont encourage selecting the best make for any particular job.

The 100W will be as good as the 200W for basic weather comp. Just the 200W has a lot more complicated settings for the enthusiast.

Tony

I'm getting a lot of interest in the new classic ( or old cdi, however you look at it)

Normally I'm fitting Glow worm and Vaillant, but I've sold three of these over the weekend.

Try to stick to Vaillant if I can, good build, quality boiler

Many installers consider Vaillant to be pretty average quality nowadays.

Furthermore their customer service from their tech help line has been apalling in recent years.

Not answering calls at all for 30 min plus hardly encourages anyone to fit their boilers.

Furthermore their customer service from their tech help line has been apalling in recent years.

Not answering calls at all for 30 min plus hardly encourages anyone to fit their boilers.

Really, I'm quite impressed with the techand the service I've had from them.

I don't think I would call them average, although I think people get more value for there money with Glow Worm

I stopped fitting Worcester because of poor service and an arrogant sales
manager.

I'm looking around at what else is available but nothing grabs me at the mo

Only pick Worcester-Bosch, I have been fitting these for five years , averaging seventy boilers a year. I have honestly never had a fault on any of these boilers that we have installed, Use an Accredited installer for a seven-year warranty on all components and ten years on the primary heat exchanger, ensure that the system is thoroughly flushed out and inhibitor added, The other manufacturers boilers mentioned have very narrow waterways (wb does not) which can block up easy, so i would recommend a magnaclene for sure. The w b back up is second to none in the unlikely event its required !!!!. Even got one myself

ensure that the system is thoroughly flushed out and inhibitor added, The other manufacturers boilers mentioned have very narrow waterways (wb does not) which can block up easy, so i would recommend a magnaclene for sure. The w b back up is second to none in the unlikely event its required !!!!. Even got one myself

Surely if the system is properly cleaned then no mag filter is needed?

I agree the Worcester tech service and after sales is the best in the indurtry.

I hope you are following the thread about the rippled heat exchanger on a 24Ri whioch their engineer has refused to repair even as a paid for job!

Tony

You're way out of date Tony, the answer time is more like 30 seconds than 30 minutes and they're extremely helpful.

My local Worcester rep told me that he posts on here pushing there products and giving advice?

if i had to chose one i would say go with the WB, but personally wouldnt have any of those stated. I really want to like the remeha, but have seen quite a few now with various issues, same with viessmann, and viessman spares are horrendous in price.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back