New boiler - Worcester or Vaillant??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Going to replace my 11 year old Vaillant Turbomax Pro 24e with a more modern condensing combi.

3 bed semi
ground floor roughly 50 m3
1st floor roughly 33 m3

1 Bathroom

9 Rads -
5 downstairs totalling roughly 25,000 BTU
4 upstairs totalling roughly 10,000 BTU

Thinking either a Worcester or a Vaillant as these both seem to get good marks and reviews.

Can anybody suggest a couple of boilers for me to consider?

Thankyou

Sponsored Links
Viessmann or Intergas !

Why are you not asking your selected Gas Registered installer?

Tony

cuz i havnt got 1 yet im just looking around for suggestions and a rough price.

My old boiler is being serviced tomorrow and i will speak to the guy then but i like to go into things having done a little homework myself first.

cuz i havnt got 1 yet im just looking around for suggestions and a rough price.

My old boiler is being serviced tomorrow and i will speak to the guy then but i like to go into things having done a little homework myself first.

Ideal Logic 30 kw, 5 year warranty, boiler clock and flue for around 650 quid.

Negativity surrounding Ideal is centered around an older range that they used to make.

Ive been fitting them for ages and its the number one boiler that I offer my customers.

Regards

Sponsored Links
Negativity surrounding Ideal is centered around an older range that they used to make.

Ive been fitting them for ages and its the number one boiler that I offer my customers.

firstly the negativity isn't all about the boiler it is also about the appaulling lack of customer service, there inability to attend to a breakdown in under a week, their blame the installer culture and the shocking unreliability of every boiler they have made in the last 10 years!

as for your second comment, best of luck when they all start going wrong and come back to bite you on the arse!

as for the op's question either the WB or the Vaillant will be ok, i personally prefer the vaillant as the diagnostics are superior and they don't sit in reset mode for half an hour if switched off!

Out of all the usual suspect better makes, I go for Vaillant because I think (believe?) you need weather compensation to ensure a condensing boiler condenses. Although not perfect, the VRC430 controller is pretty good and it factors both outside and inside temperatures into the calculation, which beats any opentherm offering. The ecoTECs have had their problems (burner seals, dodgy pumps, rubber hose bursts, the dreaded F75 fault) but I guess if you get a new one these should have been ironed out.

WoBo Juniors have the genius feature of not letting the user adjust the hot water temperature - stick with the full fat Greenstars if you choose a Worcester. They don't do weather compensation yet.

Would love to support British manufacturing but would not risk my reputation by fitting an Ideal boiler.

What's wrong with your turbomax very good boiler IMO

neither, vaillant are too dear. worcester are far too dear and the grud.

baxi neta-tec new out. ravenheat new model or ideal logic ;)

It suprises me that folk are still into vaillant, its like chasing a dogs ar$e

Experience mate ,, Viessmann Worcester r also very good but Vaillant invented the Combi an bin at it longer the ecotec has gone through steady improvement and now has very few failures

ecotec when it first come out very average reliability but design was good. ecotec now, 6yrs later, good design, excellent reliability. probably one of if not the best on the market.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back