new central heating system - Gravity or Mains fed system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I currently have a backboiler and want to replace this with a new boiler. My house is 4 bedroom and therefore i dont want a combination boiler.

Ideally I'd like to get the new boiler and tank moved into my loft so that I can remove the airing cupboard that the tank is currently in - and have the extra room in my upstairs bathroom. However, it this means settling for a worse system, I dont want to do that. (i can keep the airing cupboard with boiler/tank in if need be).

What do you suggest? What are the benefits of having a mains fed system other than having more space?
Is there much difference in running costs of the two systems?

Any recommendations greatly appreciated!!

Sponsored Links
Check your mains pressure flow rate. If you have>= 3Bar and >= 18 litres/min flow then a mains unvented would be ok.

You will also, in an ideal world, need a 22mm cold feed to the mains cylinder.

Installation costs will be about 3-4 times more than vented but running costs will be about the same.

You also won't need power showers or shower pumps with the unvented.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back