new electric shower

Then why didn't somebody ask me the same set of questions? The guy I asked had some idea of the cable sizes required for 7.5kw shower and 9.5 kw showers and what fuses should be used. All I needed to know. There's one thing, I know a bit more about showers and cable sizes than I did when I started. I wish you all could explain yourselves a little better, rather than thinking that I should know what you mean when I have no experience of fitting such things. A simple no you can't may have been better, and more explanation as to why. Anyway it's all getting a bit boring now. Job done. Thanks again.

Sponsored Links
monte86 said:
Then why didn't somebody ask me the same set of questions? The guy I asked had some idea of the cable sizes required for 7.5kw shower and 9.5 kw showers and what fuses should be used. All I needed to know. There's one thing, I know a bit more about showers and cable sizes than I did when I started. I wish you all could explain yourselves a little better, rather than thinking that I should know what you mean when I have no experience of fitting such things. A simple no you can't may have been better, and more explanation as to why. Anyway it's all getting a bit boring now. Job done. Thanks again.

the first question asked was what sized cable you had. learn to read

also, if u dont kno what we mean by 'cable size' then you should NOT be doing anything to do with it.

and yes the guy who u spole 2 knew about the cable sizes etc, just like we do, but you expected us 2 give u an answer w/o any more info. which is why i said how long is a piece of string.

I think you also need to read. I did say I would NOT be doing the job myself, as I didn't know what I was doing. And the cable size was the only thing asked. I now know that was the most important thing to know. These are just the type of remarks I was talking about. You think because you understand everybody should. I least I admit I don't know what I was doing. Sorry I can't be bothered anymore, it's all getting a bit stupid. Bye.

Sponsored Links
You were told several times that the size of the existing cable was a crucial bit of info, and andrew2022 said "some showers require 6mm cable, some require 10. some require a 40A MCB. some require 45 or 50A. unless you tell us what you have then we cant help you"

And did the person you phoned actually give you a definite answer to "Will the existing wiring be okay, or will it need to replaced." ?

I was right - we didn't need to try and make you look like a pratt.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back