New heating system questions

fitz1 said:
only if installed correctly, and as you should well know , manufacturers like insurance companies can pick holes in policy and law to suit themselves.

Who is saying install it incorrectly.

Sponsored Links
Here we go again. :rolleyes:
If you can get help on the boiler etc from the council, it`d be worth doing. As others have posted, get a corgi in before you start and find out where you stand on certain aspects of the proposed installation. Obviously we can`t force you to do it via a corgi installer. But i say one thing, If it was your childrens` home, would you advocate the boiler being fitted by a non registered fitter? Ask around friends and family for a recomendation, like all trades, there`s good and not so good. As for the mexico being "old hat", the people i`ve fitted them for are very happy with the boiler. Commented on the heating being faster and warmer. Accepted their systems were old, but with a flush, new trv`s and programmer their systems are as good as they wished. And the added bonus of not tearing up half the house to fit it.

Water Systems said:
They use this forum to drum up business.
Very occasionally one does; it's a rare event, not a pattern of behaviour.

Many state overt lies in what a DIYer can or cannot do.
I have a clear memory you being persistently, vociferously and ignorantly wrong until the day that the penny dropped and you changed your signature to be the one that you have now. When you were wrong, were you "lying"?

Sponsored Links
Softus said:
Water Systems said:
They use this forum to drum up business.
Very occasionally one does; it's a rare event, not a pattern of behaviour.

I have a clear memory you being persistently, vociferously and ignorantly wrong until the day that the penny dropped and you changed your signature to be the one that you have now. When you were wrong, were you "lying"?

I have NEVER been wrong and do not LIE.

If Corgi people want to only speak with corgis then they should try the corgi site, not a DIY site.

You are wrong when you confuse a manufacturers guarantee with a contract of sale under The Sale of Goods Act.

One of the points which Water Systems seems to overlook is that anyone who goes to the considerable time, expense and trouble to become and remain CORGI registered is that they are putting themselves in a position to do gas work legally.

Presumably WS would like to see all gas work being done by DIYers and the CORGIs doing none!

The Sale of Goods Act requires that the appliance is reasonable fit for the purpose and gives useful life which seems to be only one year for cars or boilers to be only one year!

The manufacturer's warranty is often for much longer but does require that the boiler is properly and professionally installed and that usually means by a CORGI because thats what the law requires.

Tony

Water Systems said:
Oh really?

Water Systems said:
A sticky post at the top of this forum says that DIYer must have CORGI people in to do boilers.
And yet you have never responded to numerous requests to show everyone where it says that.

Agile said:
The manufacturer's warranty is often for much longer but does require that the boiler is properly and professionally installed and that usually means by a CORGI because thats what the law requires.
Eh?

Without diving into the detail, here's a tip: if you find yourself using the word "usually", then the 'fact' that you're trying to present is not a fact.

Nixt said:
You are wrong when you confuse a manufacturers guarantee with a contract of sale under The Sale of Goods Act.

I am not wrong at all. As guarantee cannot negate the law. It can only add value NOT TAKE ANYTHING AWAY. You can't sign your rights away.

Agile said:

Tony

MODs: will you sort this spammer out please.

MOD 2

its you and your self centred opinion that needs sorting out

NOW BEHAVE or i start hitting the delete key

MOD 2

you where warned

Once again water systems undermines the dangers of gas and gas related products and parts if not installed and tested correctly.This is a sure sign of incompetency.All this just to relay a statement of law that confuses the majority of diyers.Instead of positively encouraging people who believe themselves to be competent, yet by asking questions about the said subject shows they are not competent in such work, he should be explaining in more detail what is actually required to work on such appliances and parts . Not just state a law that is obviously in need of upgrading or at least needs more explanation of the wording.

Just for the record...

Water Systems said:
Softus said:
Water Systems said:
Then Softus said:
<an example of Water Systems being wrong>

Water Systems - yet again you are confused. The manufacturers guarantee is offered to the consumer it has nothing to do with the law which binds contract between seller and buyer. In the guarantee the manufacturer can and does make conditions, however none of this stops a dissatisfied consumer, RGI or not, from seeking repair or replacement from the seller (the person to whom they paid money and from whom they obtained the receipt). The manufacturer's contract of sale is with the merchant. If the guarantee was never offered the consumer would claim from the installer, installer from merchant then merchant from manufacturer. Even motor faults (comparison you made in another post) are rectified through the dealer, not directly with the manufacturing plant.

Nixt said:
Water Systems - yet again you are confused. The manufacturers guarantee is offered to the consumer it has nothing to do with the law which binds contract between seller and buyer. In the guarantee the manufacturer can and does make conditions, however none of this stops a dissatisfied consumer, RGI or not, from seeking repair or replacement from the seller (the person to whom they paid money and from whom they obtained the receipt). The manufacturer's contract of sale is with the merchant. If the guarantee was never offered the consumer would claim from the installer, installer from merchant then merchant from manufacturer. Even motor faults (comparison you made in another post) are rectified through the dealer, not directly with the manufacturing plant.

I am not confused at all. The contract is between the merchant and the buyer. The statutary law is there. The guarantee in essenence is worthless as there is no time limit in law. If say a case (a non-expendable item) splits after 5 years. the law would demand replacement as this should last 100s of years.

The guarantee CANNOT overide the law - such as they will not honour a guarantee if no Gorgi badged fitter fitted it. The laws says no such thing, so they can't impose such a restriction. They can only add value not negate the law.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back