New heating system questions

The guarantee CANNOT overide the law - such as they will not honour a guarantee if no Gorgi badged fitter fitted it. The laws says no such thing,

try testing it in a court of law then the MI's overrule the regs mister

Sponsored Links
TIS TRUE Baxi solo 2 has no need 4 compartment ventilation in contradiction to the regs on the subject,. 1 of many MI's instructions overuling the regulations.

Sponsored Links
bab wrote

TIS TRUE Baxi solo 2 has no need 4 compartment ventilation in contradiction to the regs on the subject,. 1 of many MI's instructions overuling the regulations.

Thats not over ruling the regulations, its just a different way Baxi have to fulfill satisfying the ventilation requirements which the regs have addressed in a different intreretation.

I fail to understand the statment made. The regulations on the requirement for compartment ventilation on a roomsealed appliance is not optional . so unless the MI say otherwise it is breach of that regulation, IF Baxis MIs for that boiler say otherwise then how can that not be an overule. R u saying i willnot be in breach of the regs that follow by never ventilating another compartment even if the MI's say i have too.

Bigburn said:
kevplum wrote

as will a court of law

As will a court of law WHAT ?

your talking **** mister

Have you ever been in a court of law. ?? They can talk quite a lot of shi%te in there too.

more than you will ever see (i hope)

As will a court of law WHAT ?

nail your sorry ass to the wall if you don't follow the mi's

Water Systems said:
I am not confused at all.
Perhaps not, but you're very wrong, which amounts to the same thing.

The guarantee in essenence is worthless as there is no time limit in law.
False. There is a statutory limit on the time within which you may apply to a court.

If say a case (a non-expendable item) splits after 5 years. the law would demand replacement as this should last 100s of years.
False in most circumstances. How long such a part should last comes down to what a court deems to be a reasonable period. 100s of years is a ludicrous suggestion.

The guarantee CANNOT overide the law - such as they will not honour a guarantee if no Gorgi badged fitter fitted it.
The laws says no such thing, so they can't impose such a restriction.
False. The need to be fitted by an RGI is both a requirement of the Building Regulations and an express term of the contract of sale.

They can only add value not negate the law.
True. One out of four. Well done.

kevplum wrote

nail your sorry ass to the wall if you don't follow the mi's

So, if I diy my boiler install and follow the MI,s to the letter and the boiler turns out to be faulty ,then the manufacturer will have to fix the fault ,replace the boiler or give me a refund and no need for the dog.
Or will the dog start barking ??.

Softus wrote

False. There is a statutory limit on the time within which you may apply to a court.

All customers have up to six years to claim compensation (in Scotland, five years from discovery of the problem). The exact amount of time depends on the product.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back