primatic cylinder replacement advice???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I have a primatic HW cylinder and our heating is on two circuits from an old mexico boiler (one to the HW tank heat exchange loop gravity fed, the other to the CH rads pumped). It is getting long in the tooth and has had a few probs. I am thinking of getting a new heat only condensing boiler to replace (mexico floor standing 15HE).

Will I be ok to convert the heating to a single circuit with motorised values and cylinder stat, on the new boiler system, and keep the old primatic HW cylinder (its a big job to replace and I dont think a new cylinder will fit in the airing cupboard due to the insulation on new cylinders), or will i knacker the air bubble in a new pumped system?

Or should I bite the bullet and get a new cylinder as well?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
keep the old primatic
Aaargh!

No. To do so would preclude use of mandatory corrosion inhibitor, and also be a breach of Building Regulations

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back