Primatic cylinder and conventional indirect cylinder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am installing a std boiler with an indirect cylinder, 3 port valve, cylinder stat etc. The existing system is a std boiler doing purely heating only. An AGA is used to heat a primatic cylinder. My question is this :- Is it safe and correct to be able to use the same feed to BOTH cylinders, using 2 individual gate valves, and to also connect the vent pipes together, or do i need to keep them completely seperate? One cylinder would be feeding hot water to downstairs, and the other would be feeding upstairs. I am aware that the primatic cylinder has an air bubble, and that i wouldn't want to potentially cantaminate the indirect cylinder,so maybe if i was to put a non return valve on feed to primatic? Any feedback would be very much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
my immediate thoughts would be around the provision of appropriate expansion in the extant cistern to cope with double the amount water being heated. Keep em separate its more elegant and maintainable.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back