new internal doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys :D , i am going to have new internal doors put in, either pine or oak ones, and i hope you can answer a few questions i have got :confused: .

First off where is the best place to get new doors from, i have been told Howden's do decent doors so i am curious what you think about them, or can you suggest anywhere else that would be better? Who do you use?

Also what would suggest over pine and oak, oak i guess, but which is better and if dont mind humouring why is it?

Lastly, what is the going rate for hanging internal doors, i am in the south wales area, and i have had one guy tell me it would be £35 - £45 a door. Is that a fair price or a bit high?

Sorry for so many questions and i hope you dont mind answering them all, all advice welcome :D .

Cheers
mike

Sponsored Links
Hi!
Normally these oak doors are chipboard inside and only oak veneered. The only reason why i tell you this is that if the joiner needs to shave it down to size he/she will only have a certain amount they can take off a side before the chipboard shows. I have found LPD doors have a max of 14mm per side.
What door you choice is up to your choice of style. They should all last as long as the other. Its not like there outside getting weathered.
B&Q have good offers on normally. Howdens are also good doors. You will find most places stock the same doors from the same suppliers.
Id normally charge between £25 - £35 per door depending on the type of locks etc. Normal latch is less time consuming that fitting key locks. But you would expect to pay more in London. So prices will change from area to area, but should fit in with living costs. I live in north west of england.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back