New Labour Leader - one hour away

Corbyn really is the last thing Labour need. Genuine nice guy I'm certain, would be a fair and just leader but in terms of electability he's a loser like Milliband.

Sponsored Links
No he's not. He's an alternative to Eton Boy with his rich pals and kickers of the poor. Any ordinary working guy who votes Tory is simply deluded (unless you are in the top 10% of earners.)

Depends how you define "rich". It's someone on £35k p.a. "rich"? £40k?
No. 'Tis they who pay for everything,
while...
Bliar is a multi-millionaire, and will pay little that they don't want to,
So, where's your "rich" cut-off line then? £50k? More? Less?
I don't know what it would prove but what about £100,000 -

or £150,000 when the chancellor thinks you can afford another 5% income tax (recently reduced, of course).

I guess it's a personal view but to me rich is millions a year. 30,40,50,60K ??? Good s/e plasterers, plumbers and sparkies make that. I think of rich(in monetary terms) as financially independant, house in a field, car upwards of 50k etc.

No he's not. He's an alternative to Eton Boy with his rich pals and kickers of the poor. Any ordinary working guy who votes Tory is simply deluded (unless you are in the top 10% of earners.)

With respect, lot of working guys & gals are in the top 10 % of earners now. It's only 60k ish for a single income family which is achievable to most if they get their fingers out at some point in their lives. At this point I realise what you are saying..... 90% of families don't make 12 hundred sovs a week, even though they work their butt off. I conceed the point to you. ****** :(

Sponsored Links
Good Evening all.
Can I wind this thread back a bit?

What allowed Mr C to win? by so much?

Could is be that the general populous who paid up and voted in this election, I for one did not, I prefer SNP are looking for a seed change in Westminster?

It is possible that because the vote was now a "reasonably level playing field" and there are now no more, crony block votes by Unions seeking whatever favours they could extract that for the first time Joe Public actually have a say in what goes on? and what Joe Public have "APPEARED" to shout is that the cosy arrangement in Westminster has been rejected, is it possible that Joe Public is saying a plague on Westminster, and all its cronyisms.

I believe that there is a tenuous link between todays vote and what happened in Scotland with a total landslide towards a non-main stream Ideology?
It will be interesting to see how this impacts on U-KIP and Nigel? wonder how many U-Kip voters will see whatever they want in Mr C and abandon U-Kip?

What I am interested in is what your average my so called Joe Public are wanting.

Can we now await with bated breath a sudden jerk even more to the right by the Conservatives?

Will Mr C win back support in the one time Labour heart land of Central Scotland, given the SNPs much appreciated Policies in Scotland, No prescription costs, Free OAP travel, a freeze on Council tax [again] and no Tuition fees, Etc. Etc.

Just a thought.

Ken.

Actually the unions were pushing their members to sign up and vote, as were communists, and other nut jobs. Labour has become a special interest group.

Odd how people say he is nice. Dealing with extreme anti-semitic misogynistic terror groups is not nice.

corbin is a breath off fresh air
if you think off labour and cons as being traffic wardens and wheel clampers then corbin is free parking :rolleyes:
off course his policies will be tempered by perhaps 30% by the advice and affordability and practicality in action taking him in general to a fairly central position but to the left hand side

Odd how people say he is nice. Dealing with extreme anti-semitic misogynistic terror groups is not nice.

It's you enemies you need to talk to - not your friends. Your friends won't wage war against you. You Jews are just soooo touchy.

If Corbyn became Prime Minister and was genuinely for the working man then who knows, maybe I would vote for him in a general election. It's a shame though that his first mission was to get down to Parliament Square and welcome 100,000s more refugees. Unfortunately, nothing has changed. Labour = mass immigration. Always has, always will.

Depends how you define "rich". It's someone on £35k p.a. "rich"? £40k?
No. 'Tis they who pay for everything,

while...
Bliar is a multi-millionaire, and will pay little that they don't want to,
So, where's your "rich" cut-off line then? £50k? More? Less?

Anyone who can afford a half decent tax accountant.

And such a person knows how to escape tax. That is the problem with this sweeties today for all philosophy. It is simplistic. When Thatcher and Lawson reduced tax, tax takings went up. The rich decided they no longer had to off shore money etc. Or simply off shore themselves and have nothing to do with Britain.

Oddly enough Osborne has done more to equalise wealth than Labour ever did under Blair. It was until recently possible to invest in buy to let, and offset the mortgage interest payments against tax. Thus you could avoid ALL income tax. Yup, scandalous. Osborne was set a maximum limit of 20% on the tax claim. A wealthy friend has two buy to let houses. The changes have cost him thousands of pounds. The next time I see him I'll ask how much it has cost him. Maybe when I visit we'll only get biscuits from Aldi, if any .... (Actually we always do, wealth can live alongside frugality.)

Does not really matter who is leader, unless labour come up with some proper ideas.

Talk of re-nationalisation is bad policy, even if you think it is good policy the overall impact it would have on jobs and the economy is almost diddly squat.

Same with all their policies, lots of noise and fury for very little effect (other than immigration, that will have a big effect but not a good one).

My condolences go out to all those who knew the Labour Party, which yesterday, sadly passed away.

Or - congratulations go out to all those who knew the Labour Party, which yesterday has been resurrected.

If nothing else you will now have a genuine opposition. Blair was more Tory than Thatcher.

Sponsored Links
Back